Senior Account Strategist
Posted Dec 7
Headquarters: McLean, VA
Yoko Co is looking for an Senior Account Strategist - Someone to collaborate closely with clients and team members in the development and execution of a web presence strategy (mostly website design and development projects) that delivers tangible results.
In this role, you will work closely with clients who actually make a difference in the world, and it's our goal for you to have work that you thoroughly enjoy (most of the time), that challenges you to grow (much of the time), and which ultimately makes you proud (all of the time).
This position isn't for everyone. In fact, it's not for most people. It requires a combination of experience, knowledge, interpersonal skills, and creative problem solving that is found in less than 2.8% of the population.
If you think you've got what it takes, read on.
As an ideal candidate, you should:
- Be comfortable working directly with clients, managing expectations, and explaining complex issues at whatever level of technical understanding they may have and championing their mission and passion for our team.
- Be able to manage and maintain client relationships, coordinating with the team to ensure efforts are aligned with their objectives, and that calls and meetings are an upbeat and positive experience.
- Understand the principles of marketing that gets results. This includes understanding the buyers journey, conversion orientation, calls to action, landing pages, autoresponders, drip email campaigns, squeeze pages, redemption pages and more.
- Understand content marketing, search engine optimization, conversion rate optimization, marketing automation, and the slew of related and affiliated elements that affect these practices. (Experience with platforms like WordPress, Hubspot, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, etc. is great.)
- Be well versed in traditional marketing communications skills including but not limited to copywriting, blogging, public relations, basic graphic design, web design best practices,
- Understand the role these elements – and the website as a whole – relate to each client's organizational objectives and goals.
- Follow a well-documented process and contribute to our agency's growth by updating it to make it more effective.
- Be able to manage an internal team, collaborating and dictating strategy and aiding with tactical execution.
- Be able to wear many hats, and change them quickly. In a single day, you may lead a client call to create strategy, sketch out a landing page, draft emails to clients, collaborate on a home page design, provide feedback on a client video or animation, collaborate with your team to draft new content and CTA ideas for approval, present a proposal, and then grab lunch.
- Ideally have experience working in a similar position in an ad agency or web design firm. Alternatively have experience serving in a similar capacity virtually or on your own as an entrepreneur or contractor.
- Be self-motivated and take initiative. If you're the kind of person who waits for someone to tell you what to do, this isn't your kind of place.
- Be a problem solver, both collaboratively and on your own. Your Google-fu must be strong.
- Be well-spoken and be able to take command of a room, call, or conversation.
- Have a map to the fabled, but likely cursed, Montezuma’s Treasure.
- Have a "can-do attitude" and be willing to jump in and try something new to expand your skills and contribute to our greater good.
- Be willing to give and receive feedback responsibly, have the perspective to evaluate it, and the flexibility to make adjustments.
- Be an avid learner. Half the fun of this job is learning what goes on behind the scenes in new client industries and keeping up with a constantly shifting market and our own quick paced rapidly evolving industry. You should be excited to share knowledge by educating and receiving education from others both team members and clients.
- Be passionate about your work. As an agency we know the impact we have on the world is through the way we amplify our clients' impact. For that reason we work only with people with whom we're well aligned. That goes for clients and employees.
In this role, you'll be encouraged to contribute to and shape a company as it grows in a way you'd never have the opportunity to within a larger firm.
Good! In exchange for these skills you'll be rewarded with a very flexible work schedule, medical benefits, the option to telecommute as you'd like, great pay, unlimited leave, as well as participation in our annual shutdown (two, sometimes more, weeks off at the end of the year) and most federal holidays. Perhaps more importantly you'll find yourself immersed in work that actually matters.
P.S. - It's worth mentioning that if you join us, you'll participate in our pursuit to positively impact the lives of 100,000,000 people by the end of 2020. It's no small task, but we're already at over 27,000,000 and with someone like you on the team? Our odds just got better.
Apply for this position
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject line "I've got strategy to spare" and in your email share your strategy to earn this gig. What's your plan?