Software Engineer - Consul Frontend
Posted Nov 14
Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
On the Consul team, we develop tools for service discovery, config management, and health monitoring. Our customers place a high level of trust in us, relying on our tools to operate their own infrastructure and software effectively, so we care deeply about reliability and performance.
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular! Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Lead development of an Ember.js front end application, improving on the existing widely deployed UI
- Proactively work closely with frontend engineers across teams spanning the HashiCorp product line--coordinating and collaborating on design decisions and best practices
- Build, iterate, and ship features to make working with Consul a fantastic experience for HashiCorp customers
- Help own automated testing of the Ember.js application
- Interface directly with internal teams, users, and HashiCorp customers, and represent HashiCorp well to the large Consul community
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You have a general familiarity with infrastructure management concepts
- You are comfortable with HTML (and templating languages such as Handlebars and ERB), and CSS (including preprocessors such as SASS)
- UI and UX design experience for web applications is a plus
- Golang experience is also a plus, if you are interested in occasionally contributing to the Consul backend code
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, please apply anyway!