Posted Oct 31
- Communicate with customers over email, phone and video calls.
- Welcome and train new customers, partnering with them to create successful fundraising campaigns and use their data well.
- Provide technical support, debugging issues, making small HTML/CSS edits and handling complex or custom uses of our products.
- Be a vocal advocate for our customers, bringing their feedback right into our product direction.
- Strategise and make data-driven decisions to make our products better, and our customers love them more – from our onboarding through to ongoing checkins.
- Own our support content, making it the go-to resource
- Improve anything. Your job description doesn’t end with these bullet points.
- You’re a go-getter, you thrive on finding problems and can’t rest until you solve them. You welcome an environment where you can learn and work independently.
- You’re a superb communicator – written and verbal. You’re fluent in English with an engaging, conversational and disarming tone.
- You’re patient and resilient, motivated by helping people and comfortable dealing with new and challenging situations
- You’re deeply technical. You throw away the manual and figure things out for yourself. You know HTML, CSS and understand how computers talk.
- You’re not comfortable with the status quo. You’re not in this for a quick dollar, you think the world needs to be better and that technology will get us there.
- We’re a technology non-profit, working tirelessly to equip the for-purpose sector with products that make us all more impactful.
- We’re currently a team of developers/campaigners/communicators that’s 5 strong, based in 4 countries.
- We’re not your typical start-up. We’re ruthlessly focussed on our social impact, no one gets bonuses and we can’t make investors richer (we don’t have any).
- We want to be diverse and encourage anyone regardless of race, gender, religion, sexuality, ethnicity, age or disability to apply.
- Ability to work at least 3 hours a day within GMT+10/AEST (most of our customers are there currently).
- A working understanding of HTML and CSS to customise people’s websites
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Appropriate permission to work where you live (we can’t sponsor work visas)
- 💻 Technology – We’ll get you an Apple laptop and screen when you start up.
- 💵 Salary – We try to pay above-average salaries, adjusted for where you live and your experience. This role pays AU$57,000 - $70,000 a year (including super for Australian employees).
- ✈️ Retreats – Every year we fly you somewhere pretty (generally in Australia) for our company retreats, with the Agency crew!
- 🗺 Annual Leave – Everyone gets 4 weeks paid leave plus generous sick and compassionate leave.
- 🌴 Work remotely – We’re a remote-first company, live and work wherever you’re happiest. We’ll cover a coworking space if you’d like to work there.
- ⏰ Flexibility – Set your own hours and days and adjust as you need (as long as we’re still getting back to customers quickly!)
- 🤷 Conferences – We try to get to a digital campaigning or tech conference each year, ideally as a team!
- Why would you be a good fit for the Customer Advocate role?
- Why do you want to work here over somewhere else?
- Look at this list of tasks (https://gist.github.com/tommaitland/193b189f80d15309f4bfc475a3a7e81e) and tell us which two you are excited by, which two you want to learn and the two you don’t want to do.
- Tell us about a company who does customer support well, and why you think they’re good.
- Make a basic, nicely styled HTML page with these answers and send us the files as an attachment (no RAR files or Google Drive shares) or a link.
Apply for this position
Email answers to the questions above to email@example.com with the subject line "Customer Advocate Application". Feel free to add things like videos or work examples to your application and be creative to help us get to know you!