Marketing associate (part-time)
Posted Oct 30
Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
Inside.com is a network of email newsletters. We publish high quality roundups that curate, summarize, and analyze all of the most important news in many different verticals and industries. Some examples are cybersecurity, electric vehicles, virtual and augmented reality, artificial intelligence, drones, and more.
Over the past 18 months, we’ve grown from an audience of 500 readers to an audience of 500,000 readers, and we’re just getting started. Because our audiences are targeted, highly engaged, and highly influential, brands want access to them. That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for someone to help with several key pieces of our digital marketing efforts:
- Client success. We work with many different advertisers and need to ensure we deliver value to them. This means communicating actively, managing timelines, and leveraging every tool at our disposal to help them.
- Growth. We also plan to find ways of consistently growing the Inside readership.
Here are some key requirements:
- Hustle. You need to be able to track down busy people and get them to talk to you. This requires creative communication, research, and hustle.
- Persistence. We mentioned this above, but it bears reiteration. You might need to email someone 6 times before you catch their attention. We need someone willing to push hard.
- Communication. This is a growth position, not an editorial position, but we are an editorial-driven company and everybody needs to be able to write and communicate well.
- Curiosity. To excel in this role, you need to be able to build a deep understanding of each of the verticals we publish in. That means knowing the events, companies, products, and most importantly, people, in each of these verticals and having your finger to the pulse of any changes or developments.
- Digital marketing on Facebook and Twitter (you must have at least one year experience spending at least $10K/mo. on digital marketing.
- Deep understanding of the latest tools (custom audiences, lead-gen pages, etc.)