Mozilla: Operations Engineering Manager
Posted Oct 13
Headquarters: Mountain View
Anywhere in North America - Ideally EST.
As an Operations Engineering Manager you'll be responsible for the infrastructure delivering Mozilla’s back-end services to hundreds of millions of Firefox users. As the Operations Engineering Manager you will...
- Manage a talented team of operations engineers.
- Own the full stack of Firefox services: network, cloud, OS, application code, and their end-to-end performance and reliability.
- Manage and prioritize new projects, ongoing support, and technical debt.
- Drive improvements from operations back into development and vice versa.
- Measure, maintain, and report appropriate SLAs across products to internal and external partners.
- Be 3rd-tier escalation point for Firefox Services problems, including on-call.
Your Professional Profile
- Bachelors degree (or higher) in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years ops experience, 3+ years ops leadership experience.
- Ability to accept direction and communicate effectively against multiple levels of management and technical expertise.
- Experience working with both agile and train based development methodologies.
- Experience supporting production Python, Node.JS, and Go applications.
- Confidence in being able to review scripts, plans, and automation logic for your team.
- Solid experience in cloud environments, specifically Amazon AWS/EC2.
- Configuration management, deployment automation, and monitoring experience.
If our team sounds like a good fit for you please send us your resume with a cover letter. Tell us about why you're passionate about Mozilla and this position. If you contribute to any open source software, or maintain a blog, Twitter, or similar online presence we'd love to hear about it.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.