Posted Oct 9
X-Mode Social, Inc.
Headquarters: Sterling, VA
X-Mode Social, Inc. is looking for a full time Android engineer to join our rapidly growing team and work on X-Mode's Android SDK and Android Applications.
- 2+ years experience with integrating backend support (e.g. Firebase/Parse, AWS Cognito)
- 2+ years experience with production-level Android Application development
- 2+ years experience with all Android API levels (>= 19)
- 2+ years experience with Android Studio
- 2+ years experience with RxJava/RxAndroid, Dagger2, MVP Architecture
- Experienced with test driven development
- Experience working, communicating, and collaborating effectively in a remote environment
- Exposure to relational database systems (e.g. MySQL) and NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB) databases
- Experience developing mobile applications that interface with a RESTful API
- Parse server/SDK and/or Firebase functions
Our technical staff is scattered across the US, so you'll need to be comfortable working remotely. We often use Phone, Google Hangouts and UberConference to coordinate meetings. We also use Basecamp, Jira and Trello for tasking. The engineering team communicates mainly via Slack and uses (primarily) Bitbucket for version control.
We work in short sprints, and we'll count on you to provide estimates for tasks to be completed and delivered. Think you've got what it takes? Send us your resume and tell us more about yourself and your experience.