Native Speakers for Translation and Localization of Our Apps
Posted Oct 5
Headquarters: Las Vegas, NV
Language Translator / Foreign Language Speaker For Holacracy-Powered 15-Person All-Remote SaaS Company
Hi! We’re Action Verb.
We build two Infrastructure-as-a-Service Platforms that empower organizations worldwide.
Our products include BrickFTP, a hosted file sharing service for business, and Vae Platform, a unique web hosting platform with an integrated CMS system.
Our company consists of 15 (but growing to 19 by the end of the year) full time USA-based staff, as well as sales and support outposts in France, Germany, and Latin America.
Our infrastructure platforms are used by over 2,000 enterprises and SMBs, including Mozilla, Canonical, UPS, DirecTV, GoPro, Marriott, and more.
About The Native Speaker Program
The Native Speaker program is a special job opportunity at Action Verb available to bilingual people who speak fluent English, as well as one of the following languages:
- Portuguese (Brazil)
It is a major plus to live in the main country that speaks your native language, and it is required for you to at least be in a similar timezone to that country.
Here are some of the things you’ll be doing as a Native Speaker at Action Verb:
- You’ll translate our web applications and marketing materials into your native language.
- You’ll answer phone calls and emails from current customers and prospects in your native language, working with our Sales and Customer Success departments to give the caller the same great service they’d have received if they spoke English.
- You’ll help us make decisions about targeted advertising and sales in your native language with your local knowledge.
We are looking for candidates who bring the following skills to the table:
- Perfect phone demeanor and ability to communicate effectively via the phone.
- Perfect grammar and professional tone via email.
- Understanding of the technical and engineering aspects of hosting.
- Ability to smoothly transition between Sales and Support functions.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment where if something you need doesn’t exist, you are expected to build it!
Our hosting products are not your normal run-of-the-mill hosting products. Vae Platform is highly customized CMS hosting (think Squarespace or Shopify) and BrickFTP is entirely focused on file sharing (think Box.com or Dropbox). With that said, we still want to see a hosting-centric skillset when we hire for Native Speakers.
The hosting-related body of knowledge we want you to have or be able to learn quickly includes:
- TCP/IP and understanding of IP routing
- E-Mail (including IMAP, POP, SMTP)
- Firewalls and Ports
- UNIX or Linux experience
- PHP/MySQL or similar coding experience
Most of our best applicants have Computer Science (or similar) degrees from a well-regarded university. Our best applicants also tend to have at least 3-5 years experience in a position with direct responsibility for supporting hosting clients or other servers that are used in a production environment.
Some of our Core Beliefs
We believe that recruiting and hiring top talent is very hard. Our success depends on finding the best people out there, so we’ve invested heavily in our recruiting and interviewing processes. Making our next hire even better than the last is one of our highest priorities.
We believe that allowing and supporting 100% remote work gives us access to great people we wouldn’t otherwise be able to hire. We tend to hire folks who are later in their careers, which means they usually have their family established somewhere. By offering remote work, we can hire the best people, no matter where they’re located.
We believe that the best way we can acquire top talent is by being an amazing place to work. Work from home, travel with the team, and surround yourself with top tier people at Action Verb.
We believe in building products that we actually use ourselves. We are our own toughest critics and we put all of our products through their paces every day.
Hours and Pay For This Program
The Native Speaker/Language Translator program at Action Verb is a part time commitment. You will be expected to work 10 hours per week, and you will be paid a fixed payment of $500 every two weeks. Pay is transferred directly to your bank account using Transferwise, an international payment system.
Ready To Apply?
Working here isn’t for everyone, but if you think it might be for you, please apply.
We only read cover letters in our first screening round, so make sure yours counts. The following are topics we’d like to see addressed in your cover letter:
- Why does this opportunity specifically appeal to you?
- Why would working remotely for Action Verb change your life for the better?
- Are you familiar with Holacracy? Any questions or concerns?
- What’s lacking in your current work arrangement that we could improve?
- What are your philosophies on customer support?
- What do you find most important to get right when doing technical translation?
We look forward to reading your letter!
Apply for this position
Please apply at http://actionverb.com/job-ads/native-speaker.