Infrastructure & Backend Developer
Posted Oct 3
Headquarters: Oakland, CA
- can comparatively weigh tradeoffs of different configuration management, scheduling, and infrastructure design approaches
- has a deep understanding of distributed systems from the network level up
- has experience with AWS deployments relying on EC2 primitives (VPCs, subnets, security groups, instances, load balancers, auto scaling groups, ...) and preferably RDS too.
- has experience with convergent and congruent configuration management systems and can articulate the pros or cons of each
- has exposure to functional programming such as with the Nix expression language or Haskell
- has exceptional operational troubleshooting capabilities
- has operationally managed stateful services like Kafka or ElasticSearch and their upgrades, or other complex stateful JVM infrastructure components with a production-level SLA
- has interest in working on backend services or monitoring systems which are currently written in Ruby and Haskell. Haskell coaching, pointers, reviews available for your growth, not required upfront. :)
- has production experience deploying Nix/NixOS systems at scale (highly preferred).
Apply for this position
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the position in the subject line, a cover letter telling us why you want to work for Daily Kos, code sample or github repo, and your resume (include your LinkedIn profile link).