WordPress Project Manager
Posted Oct 2
Red Earth Design, Inc.
Headquarters: Phoenix, Arizona
- Experience using WordPress: editing pages, posts, widgets, navigation menus
- Ability to interact with clients and team in a kind, respectful and professional manner
- Ability to talk to clients without using jargon
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Willingness to learn new things to gradually expand what you can work on
- High degree of learning agility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, self-starter
- Uses time efficiently
- Patient, positive, and supportive attitude with clients and team members
- Photoshop, design
- Email marketing
- Email account POP3/IMAP connections/set-up
- Content updates on WordPress sites
- Join/shadow project lead on WordPress training calls
- Draft communications to client for update requests
- Delegation of project tasks to team members as appropriate
- Manage project communication between a client and the RED team for larger or ongoing projects, be the main point of contact who keeps things moving forward
- Assist clients with email newsletters through MailChimp, Zoho, or other similar newsletter systems
- Test/check a website after a team member completes upgrades
- Test features and styling on a website during a site build
- Be the backup contact when the main project lead for other projects is out of the office
- Train clients on how to use WordPress by phone/screen share
- Take screenshots and write out instructions for clients to follow for doing updates on their site specific to a plugin or other non-standard functionality, and/or make screencasts
- A client sends a photo to replace a photo on a webpage. You update it, and if the client wants to learn how to do it themselves, you take screenshots of how you did it, or record a short video screencast, and put the information in a tutorial in our Evernote knowledge base. You share the link of the updated webpage along with a link to the tutorial with the client.
- Use a page builder, like Visual Composer or Beaver Builder, to make content edits on a website.
- A client sends a question about a missing purchase order number that used to show up in their online order email receipts. You review their request to make sure you understand what’s happening (or not happening) and ask for more information if needed. Then you create a task in our project management system and assign it to one of our developers to look into. Once they solve it, you reply to the client to let them know.
- Follow up on tasks where you’re waiting on information from a client, or on an update from a developer to keep the task moving forward.
- Participate in putting together the Red Earth Design, Inc. monthly email newsletter.
- After a developer upgrades plugins and core software on a website, assist with checking through the website to make sure things are still working properly.
- When a website is about to launch, perform a cross-browser/cross-device check using your devices as well as our BrowserStack account. You would go through a list of standard devices in our checklist to make sure the pages look and work as they should on common browsers, tablets, and phones. Report any issues to the developer building the site, and review after they’ve made updates to what you found.
- Participate in our internal Professional Development blog, where we share what we have learned while working on a project, or from listening to a podcast or reading.
- Join the regular team video call, 3 to 4 times a month, where we catch up, share highlights and lowlights from what we’ve been working on, and learn something new from a team member’s presentation or project debrief, or talk through ideas or business development.
- Computer with internet connection
- Phone number clients can call with professional voicemail recording and quiet background environment (email account will be provided)
- What about working with Red Earth Design intrigues you? Why are you interested in this job in particular?
- Tell us one thing you did that seemed impossible, and what happened.
- Tell us about some of your experiences with WordPress and/or share examples of your work.
- Tell us about your project management experience and/or your experience working directly with clients.
- What are your hobbies outside of work?
- Attach a resume.
Apply for this position
Please send an email with responses to each of the above questions and your attached resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email must be sent to that address and contain the subject line: "RED Project Manager Position" to be considered. Deadline: Applications will be accepted through October 16th at 5pm PST.