Posted Sep 27
Headquarters: San Francisco
Why work at Doximity?
Doximity is rewiring healthcare and is the 6th fastest growing technology company in North America. Here's how clinicians use our products. For us, transparency is key, so ensuring your goals and values align with ours is also an important step. Take a look at how we Work at Doximity.
Skills & Requirements:
- 4+ years of industry experience and M.S./Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or other relevant technical field.
- 4+ years experience with various machine learning methods (classification, clustering, natural language processing, ensemble methods, deep learning) and parameters that affect their performance.
- Expert knowledge of probability and statistics (e.g., experimental design, optimization, predictive modeling).
- Experience with recommendation algorithms and strong knowledge of machine learning concepts.
- Solid engineering skills to build scalable solutions and help automate data processing challenges.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to connect data science work to product impacts.
- Fluent in SQL and Python; experience using Apache Spark (pyspark) and working with both relational and non-relational databases.
- Familiarity with AWS, Redshift.
What you can expect:
- Employ scalable statistical methods and NLP methods to develop machine learning models at scale, owning them from inception to business impact.
- Leverage knowledge of recommendation algorithms to increase user engagement through personalization of delivered content.
- Plan, engineer and measure outcomes of online experiments to help guide product development.
- Collaborate with a team of product managers, analysts, data engineers, data scientists, and other developers.
- Think creatively and outside of the box. The ability to implement and test your ideas quickly is crucial.
- We historically favor Python and MySQL, but leverage other tools when appropriate for the job at hand.
- Machine learning (linear/logistic regression, ensemble-models, boosted-models, clustering, NLP, text categorization, user modeling, collaborative filtering, etc) via industry-standard packages (sklearn, nltk, Spark ML/MLlib, GraphX/GraphFrames, NetworkX, gensim).
- A dedicated cluster is maintained to run Apache Spark for computationally intensive tasks.
- Storage solutions: Percona, Redshift, S3, HDFS, Hive, neo4j.
- Computational resources: EC2, Spark.
- Workflow management: Airflow.
Fun facts about the Data Science team:
- We have access to one of the richest healthcare datasets in the world, with deep information on hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals and their connections.
- We build code that addresses user needs, solves business problems, and streamlines internal processes.
- The members of our team bring a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds.
- Business decisions at Doximity are driven by our data, analyses, and insights.
- Hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals will utilize the products you build.
- A couple times a year we run a co-op where you can pick a few people you'd like to work with and drive a specific company goal.
- We like to have fun - company outings, team lunches, and happy hours!
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive benefits including: medical, vision, dental, Life/ADD, 401k, flex spending accounts, and commuter benefits
- Stock, pre-IPO stock incentives
- 3+ weeks of PTO
- 12 company holidays, including company shutdown in December
- Team trips to fun places like Lake Tahoe, Sonoma, Seattle and Park City
- 5 year sabbatical
Doximity is the leading online medical network with over 70% of U.S. doctors as members. We have strong revenues, profits, real market traction, and we’re putting a dent in the inefficiencies of our $2.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system. After the iPhone, Doximity is the fastest adopted product by doctors of all time. Launched by Jeff Tangney in 2011; Jeff previously founded healthcare pioneer Epocrates (NASDAQ: EPOC). Our beautiful offices are located in SoMa San Francisco.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Apply for this position
Apply directly at http://grnh.se/oj8un01