Senior Ruby Engineer
Posted Sep 14
- You have in-depth knowledge of "plain old Ruby" and you know when *not* to use a feature built into Rails.
- You check your ego at the door and enjoy receiving feedback as a way to learn and grow. You help others do this as much as possible.
- You geek out about testing, code reviews, continuous deployment and pairing as they are guarantors of quality and shared knowledge.
- Squeezing out those last few milliseconds of performance is a sign of a job well done.
- You enjoy shipping code every day.
- Quick catch up with the team to sync up and refresh your vision of the big picture.
- Review a team mate's pull request and provide constructive feedback for them to improve their code.
- Head down and deep dive into a complex problem, trying to find the most elegant solution.
- 5+ years of experience working as a Senior Ruby Engineer.
- Expert level Ruby and Rails.
- In depth knowledge of design patterns and when to apply them (or not).
- An understanding of what it takes to run and scale a high throughput production site in terms of cacheing, queuing and messaging.
- A good sense of humour or the ability to communicate one via emoji.
- Curiosity and an eagerness to learn new skills.
- To be geographically situated in a time zone between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
- Team player with clear communication skills.
- To be comfortable and productive working 100% remotely.
- You speak great English and another language fluently.
- Using Docker in a development environment.
- Fullstack experience, React.js is a major plus.
- Ability to so some basic devops on our Heroku stack.
- Experience with SOA and its advantages/constraints.
- Beautiful code is like Mozart to you.
Apply for this position
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Senior Ruby Engineer" in the title. Please also include all of the following : Your CV, a few words explaining why you think you'd be a good fit for Kyero, a link to your Github profile, explain when `git push --force` is acceptable in your opinion.