Digital Marketing Specialist
Posted Sep 5
TaxJar has an immediate opening for an enthusiastic, highly-experienced, and creative Digital Marketing Specialist who is fanatical about helping SMB businesses save time on sales tax.
This is a full-time remote position, available to folks located in the continental US only.
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 9,000 businesses. We were founded to help eCommerce owners spend less time on sales tax and more time growing the businesses they love. We’re passionate about creating simple solutions and leveraging technology to solve complicated sales tax issues. We're not just about sales tax though, we're a technology-driven company focused on providing a great experience for both merchants and developers.
We offer TaxJar Reports , a simple web-based reporting tool that organizes sales tax data into return-ready reports by state; AutoFile, a service that automatically files sales tax returns; and SmartCalcs API, a modern, accurate, sales tax API for developers to outsource sales tax rates and calculations. For developers, we have created an helpful API demo environment and also are fanatics about creating and maintaining great API documentation.
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
About the Marketing Team
The TaxJar marketing team’s mission is clear: get more eCommerce businesses to experience TaxJar to manage their sales tax reporting, filing and calculations. Our team demonstrates the tremendous value in cost and time-savings in choosing to fully automated solution like TaxJar for their sales tax needs.
The marketing team’s goal is to maximize the number of qualified customers that begin our free trial and ensure the highest percentage of those folks end up as a customers on the other side. Our team is small, but we have a huge impact on the business. We work very closely with sales, success, product development, and content teams in order to deliver on these goals.
Our approach to this goal is achieving incremental wins through a series of creative tests and new experiments, and we always measure the results. Our team can wear many hats and we are looking to expand with a talented digital marketing specialist that fully understands how to make meaningful impact in our space.
We’re looking for someone that moves fast, thrives amidst change, and is a solid team player. We’ll dig into opportunities both traditional and new, but there will be clear priorities to stay focused to get the most important stuff done first.
10 things About You…
- You’re an analytical thinker. You’ve got the ability to look at large sets of data to determine trends and impact of marketing experiments. You understand how to use data to drive analysis & insight, rather than just reporting the facts.
- You can see the full-picture. You’re thoughtful and organized. Before beginning a project, you take the time to understand both “why we’re doing this” and “why it makes sense to do this now”.
- You’re a pro at communicating. When working with the team and externally with customers, you’re a pro at both communicating clearly and listening to feedback. You have excellent visual and verbal communication skills. You’re a great writer who can effectively and creatively communicate TaxJar’s value to businesses across a variety of formats and platforms. (Note: this is not a content-heavy role).
- You have great attention to detail. You’re able to proofread copy and ads to ensure high quality communications are standard.
- You’re creative and passionate about marketing to our customers. You are motivated, excited and eager to dive into new ways that we can spread TaxJar’s message to more potential customers. This gets you excited to get up for work each day.
- You have a strong work ethic, you meet deadlines and requirements of internal and external customers by responding promptly and thoroughly with all types of requests.
- You’re an excellent project manager who can be counted on to deliver quality results for multiple projects to completion on a deadline.
- You’re a team player. You step in to help when others need you and your job is to make “all boats rise” on our team. You’re also fully open to giving and receiving thoughtful, constructive straightforward feedback as you learn and grow.
- YOU'RE EXPERIENCED. This is not an entry level position. You’re an experienced growth marketer and are open to experimenting in new and creative ways of attracting potential new customers to try TaxJar. (We’re Looking for a marketer with ~2-3+ years working within an in-house marketing team or agency environment).
- You’ve worked in the SaaS or B2B space and have shown an ability to market to all parts of the funnel.
If that sounds like you, here’s what we need you to help with:
- Develop and manage marketing communications projects from concept, execution to delivery
- Manage and expand our social media marketing to drive measured impact on the business. Own, grow, and develop the content management of all platforms where we have a presence (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.). Continue to leverage our existing content and define perspectives for how social plays into our overall marketing funnel.
- Initiate tracking and reporting models to measure return on investment (ROI) and drive measured optimization of digital marketing campaigns throughout the entire funnel. Always be willing to dive into our data and help the team understand how we’re doing and where we can improve.
- Maximize SEM campaign performance with creative messaging, promotion and optimization of landing pages and assets. Refine, test, and optimize digital lead-generation programs for continued improvement on ROI (AdWords, Retargeting, Facebook, AMG, etc)
- Manage and coordinate content for video projects for YouTube
- A/B test new ideas to help drive stronger conversion rate from current messaging.
- Willingness to occasionally travel and attend in-person tradeshow and live events with customers.
- Bring a creative and open mind to the team that is ready to take on and test new opportunities as we discover them. If you have a great idea, let’s hear it and go design a test around it!
You’re familiar with these tools and concepts
- SEO, SEM, Google AdWords, Facebook (FBX), Doubleclick Bid Manager (DBM), Amazon Media Group (AMG), Quora Ads, etc
- Drip.co, Zapier, Canva, Optimizely, Groove, Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Woopra
- Wordpress CMS
- Proficient in Microsoft Office/Google Docs (Can create and manipulate spreadsheets with pivot tables, vlookups, etc)
- Background and knowledge in eCommerce a big plus.
- Video production experience is highly desirable.
- Understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, and/or Photoshop)
- Small business ownership experience or previous history of selling products on a website or marketplace (Amazon, eBay, etc).
We offer all of our employees amazing benefits. Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
Apply for this position
Apply online at https://taxjar.workable.com/jobs/557144