Business Operations Specialist
Posted Aug 7
Lean Startup Co.
Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
We're seeking an experienced, systems-oriented Business Operations Specialist for The Lean Startup Co. Education Program who will support our growth. Lean Startup Company offers one of the most exciting education solutions available today in modern management. As a result of widespread acceptance by major companies, we are expanding and currently have an opening for a Business Operations Specialist.
We are a startup with global brand recognition headquartered in San Francisco, CA. We bring the entrepreneurial spirit to large organizations through cutting-edge education and modern management techniques. Our clients want to remain relevant and profitable in their industries, and they range from Fortune 500 companies to government agencies and beyond. Lean Startup methodology provides a scientific approach and framework for innovation, so you can learn what your customers really want. It’s about testing your vision continuously, so you can effectively adapt and adjust before it’s too late.
This is a contract-based, freelance role. The position is remote, but we ask that you’re 1) located in the U.S. and 2) available to communicate at least a couple of scheduled hours per day during Pacific Time business hours. We are a startup culture and move fast with communications and tasks.
Why Work With Us
- We’re a remote team using fun collaborative tools.
- Quarterly team on-sites in San Francisco or NYC.
- We encourage vacation and prefer you don’t check email while you’re away.
- Our clients are some of the largest companies in the world and you get a front row seat to the challenges they’re facing around innovation. Better yet, you get to help them solve their problems.
- The work we do will go down in history as powerfully-transformative.
- Experience the thrill and challenge of working in a fast-paced, growing startup.
Commitment: This position is estimated to start as 5-10 hours per week to start, and will likely grow into a full-time employee. Our goal is to find someone who is excited and motivated by proactive problem-solving, organization, being part of a team, and growing with us.
- Provide Salesforce.com CRM support to all members of the sales organization.
- Manage weekly forecast updates and opportunity updates.
- Manage Executive Reporting Updates.
- Perform a variety of tasks to improve the company’s and sales organization’s productivity. e.g. scheduling, reporting, expense reporting and approvals, meeting planning, etc.
- Calculate monthly sales commissions.
- Manage sales team compensation process.
- Onboard new hires and contractors.
- Create training plans for new hires and oversee progress.
- Oversee systems for quality control with clients.
- Create systems for organizing data and paperwork for team, clients, learnings and achievements.
- Manage our team and faculty’s travel calendar.
- Work directly with team members to analyze processes to improve for scale and efficiency.
- Work directly for the Co-Founder.
- Provide strategic insight on team structure and performance.
Desired Skills & Experience
Here’s what you bring to the table:
- 1+ years operations experience.
- Fun, flexible, go-getter, and proactive problem-solving personality.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Strong business apps skills: Google Apps, PowerPoint, Box.
- Collaborative work style and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, with high level of responsiveness.
- Desire to be part of our team and grow with our young organization.
- Excellent with Salesforce.com.
- Bonus if you have knowledge of Lean Startup principles.