Senior Systems Engineer - Los Angeles & U.S. Remote
Posted Jul 19
Headquarters: Los Angeles, CA
Our engineering team dedicates itself to continuous learning and improvement. We built a process that is optimized for rapid, agile development; deploying to production many times a day. To discover the correct solution; we start with a minimum viable product and iterate using team and stakeholder feedback; so that the people, product, and process improve together.
As a senior systems engineer, you'll help architect, build and maintain the infrastructure that our products are built and run on. You’ll recommend and implement system and environment wide improvements, new technologies, and contribute to our technological direction.
NationBuilder creates software for leaders of all kinds - political candidates, nonprofit organizations, anyone building a community of people to make something happen in the world. To learn more about NationBuilder, read about our mission and beliefs.
Experience we're looking for:
- History of shipping high-quality work.
- Skilled working on the command line as much as they are writing code (Go and/or Ruby).
- Automation, configuration management, containers, public cloud and managing bare-metal servers.
- Provide guidance and support for the entire lifecycle of the products we build.
- Building, operating and maintaining complex and scalable systems.
- 5+ years supporting hosted services for a high-volume customer-facing products.
Who we're looking for:
- You’re always interested in learning new things.
- Enjoy being responsive to customer feedback.
- A pragmatic problem solver, knowing how to find the middle ground between “perfect, but takes forever to code” and “fixes it now, but nobody will ever be able to understand what I did”.
- Works well in small teams with a clear mission.
- Have the insight to know what's important and the dedication to get it done.
The NationBuilder application is a Ruby on Rails app using PostgreSQL as its primary data store. We also use Kafka, MongoDB, Couchbase, and Redis. We are actively moving our frontend to React.
NationBuilder is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.