Engineering Manager - Los Angeles & U.S. Remote
Posted Jul 11
Headquarters: Los Angeles, CA
The ideal NationBuilder Engineering Manager will be an inspiring leader focused on managing, mentoring, and being a pillar on the engineering team. We strongly believe we can find the best engineers by supporting a remote engineering team. We currently have 20 engineers, with ambitions to continue growing. Your primary responsibilities will be to mentor through regular feedback, work closely with Product Managers and other teams to provide a clear vision to your team, and constantly look for ways to improve how we work together.
NationBuilder creates software for leaders of all kinds - political candidates, nonprofit organizations, anyone building a community of people to make something happen in the world. Read more about our mission and beliefs.
What you'll do:
- Take responsibility of an engineering team to create NationBuilder’s product and infrastructure
- Foster diverse minds and backgrounds to grow an engineering team utilizing strong collaboration to solve complex problems
- Hold others accountable to ensure we are improving our process and delivering an exceptional product
- Work with Engineering Leads to review architecture designs ensuring the team produces high quality and supportable code
- Coordinate closely with the Product Manager to set project requirements and milestones
- Act as your team’s point of contact for the rest of the company, communicating about progress and taking feedback, and coordinating with other teams for needed resources
Who we're looking for:
- You care deeply about humans and how they work together
- You lead by example, by setting the right context, and by helping teammates do their best work
- You understand what makes teams successful and what role a manager can play in that process
- You are excited to help engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- You have excellent communication, time management, and project management abilities
- You have a track record of leading productive engineering teams
- You are able to facilitate healthy discussions between engineers and between teams about architecture and product decisions
The NationBuilder application is a Ruby on Rails app using PostgreSQL as its primary data store. We also use Kafka, MongoDB, Couchbase, and Redis. We are actively moving our frontend to React.
NationBuilder is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.