Senior Ruby Developer (US or Canada)
Posted Jul 10
Headquarters: London, UK
We are looking for a Senior Ruby Developer to join our existing team. This is a remote, full-time contract lasting 12 months, with the option to extend. You must be based in the United States or Canada.
Strong knowledge of Ruby is required. Real world experience building and maintaining Ruby on Rails apps is a must - from UI to APIs. This project will involve being part of a team working on an application used by tens of thousands of customers every day.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Minimum 4 years Rails experience
- A strong understanding of HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience working with Bootstrap
- Experience required working with APIs, Git, and complex server side design
- Frontend experience is a bonus
- Experience working in an agile software team environment
- Work in an agile team, taking part in standups, and retrospectives (Via video conferencing)
- Understand the structure of existing applications and how to work with them
- Interact regularly with our client’s technical team
- Use your knowledge of Ruby on Rails to build robust applications
- Review commits made by other team members
What we look for
An ideal candidate is autonomous, proactive, and has experience working in a variety of different languages. We admire developers who take initiative, make their own decisions and implement them clearly. Front end knowledge is also a bonus.
As a Purepoint developer you will work in a small and close-knit group. Our mindset is focused on constant iteration and improvement.
Team & tools
We will give you all of the tools necessary to excel at your role. We use Jira, Trello, Slack, Github and Zoom (video conferencing) in our day-to-day business.
Our managerial structure is very flat. We put customer experience and satisfaction first and really believe in delivering a service that is cutting edge.
Purepoint is a remote-first software company. We help businesses build better bespoke software. Clients range from rising startups to household brand names.
The projects we do are incredibly varied but they share one overarching theme – putting great minds together to build better software. You’ll have the opportunity to help businesses embrace the newest technology and bring better services to market.
If you like the idea of continuously improving, working at Purepoint is a great decision. We provide everything you need to excel at your role and we’ll do our best to keep interruptions and meetings to a minimum.
What we offer
- Competitive pay
- Remote work
- A support network of other talented developers
- Flexibility with your working hours
- A minimal approach to meetings