Designer (Web & Mobile App)
Posted Jun 29
Headquarters: Charlottetown, PE Canada
- Create visual designs for web and mobile apps that are beautiful, usable, and scalable across a variety of mobile and desktop clients.
- Work with clients to understand and help define requirements.
- Communicate designs clearly and effectively to clients, incorporating their needs and feedback.
- Adapt existing visual identity and design systems to new screens and features.
- Define and communicate interface and experience designs including site and app structure, navigation, and interaction.
- Work with front-end and back-end developers to develop designs that are feasible and suitable for clients with different audience and budget requirements.
- Define animation and transition effects for interface interactions.
- Create interactive prototypes to demonstrate web and mobile app features, interactions, and structure.
- Have experience in creating beautiful layout and interface designs for web and mobile apps.
- Have a solid understanding of native mobile app technologies and interface conventions (iOS & Android).
- Have a mastery of common design tools (we use primarily Sketch and Photoshop), and be able to quickly learn and understand new tools and systems.
- Be located in, and available to work from Canada.
- Be able to communicate clearly with clients and co-workers, including knowing how to effectively work with remote team members and business partners across time-zones. Our clients are spread across North America and we have team members in Charlottetown, Montreal, BC, and Ecuador.
- Flexible work hours.
- 3 weeks of vacation, on top of 9 days of civic holidays and 3 weeks of company-wide shut down.
- Health and dental coverage.
- Yearly company-wide bonuses based on overall company success, plus ownership opportunities and dividends for long-term employees.
- Salary starting at CAD $50-78,000 per year depending on experience, with an expectation of career growth.
- Remote worker stipend of CAD $3,000 per year.
Apply for this position
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Name Your Layers”, a brief overview of your qualifications, links to relevant examples of recent work and an explanation of why you’d be great for the job. Tell us about an interesting project you’ve worked on or helped ship. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence—such as a blog, Twitter, Facebook—send it along.