Principal Java Devleoper
Posted Jun 16
PhishMe is seeking a Principal Java Developer to join a newly created product team.
The successful candidate will have relevant experience working with a number of different technologies which support the growth of our product. The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communications skills and be a team player willing to adjust to the dynamic needs of a fast-paced company.
This is a hands-on development role for a Principal level engineer to work with the architect to co-design and lead a newly formed development team, convey the architectural vision, and assist at all levels of development.
- Making both design and implementation decisions
- Ensuring high standard of code integrity including unit tests, security, and documentation
- Mentoring team members in best practices through pair programming, code review, and open design/implementation discussions
- Participate in all phases of the development life-cycle – this is a hands-on role
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with PhishMe will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. PhishMe reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
- Experience and comfort designing and developing large scale distributed applications in a microservices architecture using Java (core, concurrency, threading)
- Knowledge and experience using Spring and Hibernate
- Experience creating secure RESTful APIs with data validation
- Knowledge and experience using relational database systems especially PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Ability to comfortably do full stack development from backend systems to user interfaces as necessary
- Collaborates well with others, capable of working constructively with a group of people that have different skill sets and interests
- Ability to take ownership of and effectively communicate design decisions at various levels
- Willingness and ability to mentor developers and recognize the need
- Ability to work independently and take initiative as a member of a dynamic and fast moving team
- Other duites as assigned
- Been an active member of an Agile team (running Scrum and Kanban)
- Knowledge and experience using AWS services, such as S3, RDS, and SQS
- Has a knowledge of a variety of design patterns for high communication throughput and scaling techniques
- Knowledge of Docker
- Competitive salary
- 401k plan with company match
- Health, vision, dental, disability, and life insurance
- Telecom expense reimbursement
- Telecommute (United States only)
PhishMe is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.