Senior Java Developer
Posted Jun 16
PhishMe is seeking a Senior Java Developer to join a newly created product team.
The successful candidate will have relevant experience working with a number of different technologies which support the growth of our product. The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communications skills and be a team player willing to adjust to the dynamic needs of a fast-paced company.
The senior engineer wears multiple hats from viewing the architectural approach with a critical eye, making implementation decisions, and proactively communicating this with the team.
- Understanding the approach and design decisions and creating an implementation that supports overall design
- Working with other engineers on the team, particularly more junior engineers through pair programming, open communications, and collaboration
- Actively participate in our Agile development life-cycle, including planning and grooming, stand-up, and retrospectives
- Proactively perform code reviews, give feedback, and ask questions
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with PhishMe will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. PhishMe reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
- Experience and comfort developing large scale distributed applications in a microservices architecture using Java (core, concurrency, threading)
- Knowledge and experience using Spring and Hibernate
- Experience working with RESTful APIs with data validation techniques
- Knowledge and experience using relational database systems especially PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Ability to comfortably develop code for and debug remote systems
- Collaborates with others, capable of working constructively with a group of people that have different skill sets and interests
- Ability to take ownership of and effectively communicate implementation decisions at various levels
- Ability to work independently and take initiative as a member of a dynamic and fast moving team
- Been an active member of an Agile team (running Scrum and Kanban)
- Knowledge and experience using AWS services, such as S3, RDS, and SQS
- Willingness and ability to mentor other team members
- Knowledge of Docker
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 401k plan with company match
- Health, vision, dental, disability, and life insurance
- Telecom expense reimbursement
- Telecommute (United States only)
PhishMe is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.