Senior Android Developer (who speaks Klingon)
Posted May 18
Headquarters: Los Angeles
- Android developer with 5+ years experience
- Published at least one Android app
- Published at least one Android library
- Experience with JSON web services
- Excellent English communication skills
- Experience with mapping, navigation, and/or search APIs
- Located in Los Angeles area (or if not, experienced with working remotely)
- Operate a manure spreader
- Sing "Macho Man" by the Village People
- Wield a bat'leth
- Humble and open minded
- Transparent and honest
- Self directed and dependable
- Positive and friendly
- Sense of humor
- No ego, no buttheads
- Our team is distributed, so you get to work from home.
- The work is challenging, with very compelling problems that touch on complex machine learning algorithms and scalability issues.
- The work matters, and can have a huge impact on the economy and the environment.
- You'll have the autonomy to direct your own work without being micromanaged.
Apply for this position
If this sounds interesting, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your resume, links to a code repository or portfolio of your work (including links to any published Android apps), and tell us why Van Halen's standard performance contract contained a provision calling for them to be provided backstage with a bowl of M&Ms from which all the brown candies has been removed. Also, take a guess at why we are asking for that. Principals only, please, no recruiters.