Posted May 15
How would you like to work from anywhere, ALL the time? Your home, a beach in Florida, a cabin by Lake Tahoe - you can make anywhere (based in the U.S. ) your office. You just need the right mindset combined with a good internet connection! TeamSnap’s employees work across many locations. Remote work is deeply integrated into our culture – you won’t feel stranded on an island because it’s how we all work. Travel may be required for meetings in our intergalactic HQ in Boulder, or with fellow developers in other locations a couple of times a year.
TeamSnap is seeking an experienced Full Stack Software Developers to help us continue our impressive growth. You should be self-directed and able to juggle multiple balls without dropping any of them. We look for people with big ideas and tiny egos. There are no sacred cows at TeamSnap. No matter what your “job” is, you’re welcome to suggest better ways of doing anything. We’re all in this thing together and we believe that everyone has a stake in the company and we treat everyone like an owner.
TeamSnap (www.teamsnap.com) is passionately dedicated to taking the hassle out of managing, coaching, or organizing team sports and groups. While we have continued to grow, innovate and add new features based on feedback from almost 15 million loyal customers, our mission remains the same: build a great product that any parent, coach, team manager, group organizer or sentient robot can pick up and use immediately.
What You’ll Be Doing
Some things that are pretty important to us
We're looking for a person with a naturally curious and passionate engineering mind who was taking apart their parents’ VCR, DVD player, toaster, (you get the idea) when they were a kid, and who has been tinkering ever since. If you're someone who loves to learn, is down to earth, super positive, likes to mentor others, is a good communicator, not afraid to jump in or ask questions and is always involved in side projects in addition to whatever paid work you're doing, then this is the right role for you.
- A few years of web software development background as part of a team
- Experience with frameworks like React and Redux is a big plus.
- Successfully delivered useful features as part of a team while being self-directed/autonomous.
- The ability to interface with a REST/JSON API.
- Experience with relational databases with MySQL experience a plus.
- Passion for great user experience - we have designers on staff, but we want you to be interested in what makes a great feature for our customers.
- A great sense of humor.
- Experience working on an agile team.
- A customer-focused attitude, with an ability and willingness to work with customers to develop great features as well as diagnose and fix problems.
- Big ideas and a tiny ego. Tiny Eggo™ optional. We’ll accept waffles of any size.
- A "Test First" attitude and experience writing automated tests.
- Experience with automated build and deployment systems.
Other things that would be nice to have:
- Involvement in youth or adult recreational sports, as a player, parent or coach. We’d love for you to experience firsthand how our customers use our product and how it could be improved.
- Ideally you’re a Polyglot that likes to tinker with new languages and frameworks to keep your skills sharp (e.g. Elixir).
- Creating and deploying VMs within a PaaS.
- Experience working as part of a remote team.
- Free Superbowl tickets for all your co-workers (hey, we can dream).
- Experience with git or Github as a version control tool.
- Outside Magazine named us #16 on the list of Top 100 places to work. Six out of five TeamSnappers say this is the best place they’ve ever worked.
- Work on a product millions of people actually use and love, with some of the best minds in the industry!
- While we’re still relatively small, we’re not a fly-by-night startup. We’re one of the largest players in a massive market.
- We have a proven revenue model, an experienced management team, solid funding and a strong plan moving forward.
- We have fantastic benefits and a strong culture; you'll have a stake in the company and hey, what's better than working in your pajamas?
Diversity and Inclusion
TeamSnap is a company built around trust, kindness and collaboration, where diverse backgrounds, experiences and beliefs are celebrated and valued. This is a place where everybody belongs.
At TeamSnap we hire awesome people, give them the tools to achieve great things and provide strong two-way communication so everyone can grow in their roles and find passion in their work. We strive for long-term, committed employees who feel strong ownership of the company, culture and product.
You’ll really impress us if you sign up for a free TeamSnap account, download our current app, and come at us with real ideas. We live and breathe our product, and we're looking for someone who will bring that same passion. We're certainly interested in your work history, but we're most interested in your understanding of our product and your vision for its future.