If You Love Business Development, We Love You! (Remote)
Posted May 3
Headquarters: Remote Team :)
You fuel company growth. You make shit happen. You don’t care about a product you can 10x; you want to 100x. And the product has to help people; you’re not here to hawk sugar. You’re strategic, thoughtful and love to win.
We’re Better Co, a tiny team with huge impact, obsessed with building products that help people feel better and live better. We launched our first product, BetterBack, in 2015 with big success: Katherine became the first solo woman to break the $1M mark on Kickstarter, we became an Amazon #1 Best Seller and received 5 investment offers on Shark Tank…as a team of 2. BetterBack is a novel back support and posture trainer that helps you effortlessly sit in perfect posture, easing back pain. It’s improved the lives of people all over the world (read honest reviews from verified customers here), but we are just getting started! We’re looking for someone who is up for the challenge of getting BetterBack on a million backs. Plus, we have other fantastic products launching soon!
What we think is exciting about the role:
- Blue sky opportunity — we have demonstrable product-market fit (we’re less than 2 years old and have sold ~65,000 units to 105 countries), but have had to punt all deal ops as we focused on keeping up with current demand. Today, we only sell on our website, Amazon and Indiegogo.
- You’re in on the ground floor — we are a tiny team but the business is de-risked and profitable. You get extreme ownership and a chance to build out a vital part of the org.
- Work from anywhere — we’re a remote team (based in San Francisco, Salt Lake City and Manila) which means you get to pick where you work. Our only ask is that we don’t see you in underwear on Skype. ;)
You are a(n):
- Strategic thinker — you love zooming out and thinking about what platforms and partnerships are best both short and long term for the company’s growth. You know not all deals are created equal and you pride yourself on surgically hunting for the best opportunities that will deliver the highest ROI.
- Systems builder — you excel at translating vision into action, building thoughtful funnels that map to your success. You test, measure and optimize continuously.
- Hustler — you aren’t afraid to do the hard work pounding emails, calls and meetings to get ‘er done. You strategically hunt for, analyze and close new opportunities (outbound and inbound).
- Optimizer — you know that inking and implementing a deal is only getting you to the starting line. You push to stay top of mind in our partners’ minds, scoring great placements and special opportunities that truly make the difference.
- Leader — You need thought partners and strategic support, not a boss. You are a clear communicator, self-motivated and can manage up and down.
The first thing you’ll do is go through a 1.5 yr backlog of inbound partnership opportunities our team hasn’t had the bandwidth to assess. From international distributors to wholesale ops to retailers to affiliates and on and on, you’ll develop a framework for evaluating each opportunity, connect with stakeholders, negotiate deals, and implement and optimize the partnerships.
From there, we have a long road map of interesting partnerships we’d like to pursue and you’d lead the charge on them.
This role starts as an individual contributor and a successful leader will have a path toward building and growing their own team as we scale.
- A 3+ year track record of success in business development
- A true passion for helping people and an innate ability to cultivate strong relationships
- A GSD attitude and a deep orientation to action + results
- An ability to thrive in a fast paced, ever changing, low management environment
- Strong communication and organization skills (especially important because we are remote!)
If you love working with smart, ambitious and hardworking peeps with heart: we’re your team. If you want to be the fuel in the rocket ship that helps millions of people around the world get out of pain and back to what they love: we’re your team.
Apply for this position
Please tell us about yourself here https://goo.gl/forms/7vLyIKBxjMk8S6Hh1 and we’ll be in touch! CAN’T WAIT.