Posted Apr 26
ABC Financial Services
Headquarters: Sherwood, AR
ABC’s Software Development team is growing and we are looking for a Data Architect for a Greenfield Development project. As a Data Architect, you'll be working on challenging data problems, creating new and robust data architectures, and supporting new feature development that is highly scalable, maintainable, secure, reportable, sustainable, reliable, and fits in our continuous integration/deployment infrastructure. Our team enjoys participating in design sessions in front of a whiteboard, implementing a highly performant and scalable infrastructure, and solving problems for customers. We have a collaborative, inclusive, passionate, high-energy work environment where everyone’s opinions and ideas are valued.
Data Architects at ABC:
- Understand the needs of external clients, ABC’s strategic business objectives and vision, and data and reporting needs from all internal and external clients to define data architectures and models that satisfy those needs.
- Collaborate with system architects, software architects, design analysts, and others to understand business or industry requirements
- Develop data models for applications, metadata tables, views or related database structures
- Develop and communicate new technology standards and best practices as appropriate.
- Solve complex database software/hardware issues.
- Develop and evaluate database infrastructure performance criteria and measurement methods.
- Study and analyze the capacity needs for database infrastructure including CPU, RAM, and storage.
- Conduct database architecture design, feasibility, and cost studies.
- Automate life-cycle management of database schemas, clusters, queuing, and much more.
- Adhere to PCI/SOC and other security requirements in accordance with standards, policies, and procedures.
- Contribute as part of a team of software engineers building the next generation software solutions.
- Design, build and manage databases for our high-performance infrastructure.
What we look for in a Data Architect:
- Flexibility- ABC is a client centric organization requiring a great deal of flexibility
- Professional Development is offered and expected for all Software Development positions. Initiative to keep your manager informed of your desired development goals is key.
- While we have multiple teams within Software Development we are “one team” and all communication and actions must represent that.
- Create and maintain goals that fuel you to complete 2 hours of client time per month. Maintaining our client-centric focus and user experience is vital in this role.
- At ABC, our Software Development Organization has a multi-disciplined team that you will be interacting with on a daily basis. This includes Product Owners, Business Analysts, Quality Assurance Analysts, as well as your Manager.
- Participate in Daily Status update
- Peer and stakeholder reviews are held annually and require all to participate in a timely manner
- To support ABC’s client centric environment, you may be required to travel on site to visit a club for up to 5 days on an annual or bi-annual basis.
- B.S in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Data Science or Data Analytics, or related field
- 10+ years’ experience in data modeling and architecture principles
- 7+ years’ experience with a relational database such as Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Strong understanding of Architecture design process, methodology, and high level of understanding of the business environment, strategy and needs.
- High-level understanding of the theories, methodologies, and principals underlying technical analysis, design, and implementation of software applications, systems, and/or databases.
- Proven expert analytical and design skills at multi-product/multi-environment levels as well as an in-depth experience in research and analysis, project planning, and implementation.
- Experience as a Database Administrator
- Familiarity with programmatic access to the database (e.g. JDBC)
- Experience scaling the capacity of a database using techniques like caching or sharding
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- In-depth knowledge of the entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance.
Apply for this position
Please send resumes directly to Stephanie.Goodwin@abcfinancial.com