User Support Lead
Posted Apr 18
Headquarters: All Remote, based in Massachusetts
Who We Are
Backpack Health builds innovative tools to help people better manage their health details, care and communication.
We know how frustrating it can be for individuals, families, caregivers and healthcare professionals to make sense of scattered health data silos and documents. Backpack Health provides everything you need to give and receive the best possible support you can — no matter where your journey takes you. We started this journey in May 2016 and are currently around 15 passionate people, from diverse personal and professional backgrounds, working fully remotely (that’s right, no office, and we love that). You’ll be joining us as we prepare to launch our beta product commercially.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re striving for a product that is human, individual and personal, and we want our user support interactions to feel the same way. We’re not interested in a mechanical, uninspired support system, but one in which the team members feel empowered to delight and serve our users.
We’re looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic and collaborative User Support Lead to help us define and manage the details of our customer support system (we’re using Intercom) as we get going, and build it out as we grow!
We also need someone who is FLUENT IN SPANISH (speaking and writing) as well as English.
Specifically, you’ll need to be good at:
- Working with and leading a team (you’ll be helping build our support team from the start as we expand our user base and extend to support other languages)
- Engaging and responding to users’ questions, feedback and ideas as they contact Backpack via email and chat
- Interacting with other team members, specifically our Product team to define support processes that make the most sense for us and provide the best experience for our users
- Using data from different sources (user feedback, Mixpanel, etc.) to help inform our ongoing product development
- Responding to users in Spanish as well as English. We’ll be adding more languages to our product over time, but right now we’re specifically looking for Spanish support
This will work like a charm if you are:
- Hardworking – we’re just getting started with our customer support processes – you have a great sense of the big picture, but aren’t afraid to get in there and get the job done
- Empathetic – responding to users is awesome but can also be challenging – you love interacting with people and hearing their viewpoints, and you maintain a compassionate, empathetic outlook
- Organized – you plan well – you like defining and rolling out processes that inspire, are repeatable but also flexible if they need to be
- Team player – you’ll not only be managing your own team, but you’ll be engaging with other teams – you are a great communicator and facilitator
We're actively seeking qualified people for this role who are from a variety of backgrounds and identifications, as we believe being diverse will help us create and work better.
And some important notes:
- We're currently only considering US-BASED CANDIDATES AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE US – for ease of timezones and employment contracts
- We conduct BACKGROUND CHECKS in the final stages of the interview process with all candidates, prior to making an offer