Posted Apr 7
Headquarters: Budapest, Hungary
Kinsta is a modern cloud hosting startup focused on WordPress, run on Google Cloud and powered by LXD. Our awesome, young and motivated team is scattered across the globe: Budapest, London, Los Angeles.
Our growing IT team is looking for a Systems Administrator who’s excited about working at a quick-moving, fast-growing startup. We're looking for someone to be a full member of our young and dynamic team. Our core office is in the heart of the city of Budapest (6th district). We would be glad if the right candidate lived in the city and could be in close contact with the CEO and the team, but we are open for remote candidates as well.
What We Require:
- Sophisticated understanding of Linux administration (we use Ubuntu exclusively)
- Passionate attitude towards optimization
- Great team player mindset
- Eagerness to learn new technical knowledge and work with the latest software
- Self-starter attitude with bias for action
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and to take initiative
- Ability to be inspired and get excited about new challenges
- Building latest mainline kernels custom tailored to Google Cloud's environment
- Custom-building of latest ZFS kernel modules
- Compilation of NGINX, PHP-FPM, HHVM and MariaDB sources, laser-targeted to our environment (custom kernel, Google Cloud HW / KVM + Ubuntu)
- Explore and take advantage of all the possible benefits of the exact architecture
- Performing security check-ups and hardening of our LXD host machines and LXC containers
- Continuous kernel and system performance analysis and debugging
- Setup and management of test environments and thorough testing of every new version of the software, kernels, and modules we use
- Monitoring production and performing troubleshooting as required
Knowledge of and experience with any of the followings:
- Google Cloud
- virtualized environments
- NGINX operation, security (WAF), Lua
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
You'll be working directly with our CEO and CTO. You will be collaborating with other members of our engineering team to work on monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance, and repair.
We expect everyone to be honest and forthright with their ideas and contributions. Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We're looking for someone who can take the initiative and contribute ideas anywhere in the company. We promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment.
What We Offer:
Kinsta is a great opportunity for expanding your knowledge. We only use the latest technologies and cover many aspects of online business - through our own company and our clients - you'll gain experience in multiple fields. This position offers a great deal of flexibility, responsibility, competitive salary, perks and opportunity for growth for the right candidate.
Are you ready to join our team? If you think you have what it takes, let us know, we'd love to hear from you!
Apply for this position
send you applications to firstname.lastname@example.org