People Person (looking after our people)
Posted Apr 7
Headquarters: South Africa
Founded in 1998, Tutuka has grown into one of the largest MasterCard and Visa processers in Africa, Middle East and Asia.
Tutuka is a specialist processor with a focus on enabling banks and telcos to issue virtual, physical or digital MasterCards and other card processing services through mobile apps and mobile channels.
Our staff are spread across offices in Johannesburg, Dubai and Bangkok with many working remotely out of 10 different countries.
Are you passionate about people? Do you want to join an innovative, fast moving payments company?
We are looking for a People Person who is responsible for driving effort around integration of staff into Tutuka, rally support within Tutuka and break down silos and help employees achieve personal success within Tutuka. This person is responsible for talent management, individual growth and team effectiveness — so ensuring the successful recruitment, growth, and retention of an A-player team that delivers on the business goals.
This role will have overall responsibility for:
- Managing the coaching of individuals to remove obstacles from their success and help them achieve their development and career goals
- Supporting managers in achieving their team members’ goals as identified in coaching
- Managing the integration of new staff into Tutuka
- 360 feedback process and identifying growth areas and opportunities with the relevant manager
- Developing activities that break down silos and facilitate collaboration between different team members
- Mapping out positions and roles within the company (together with relevant manager) and ensuring we have the right people in the right seats
- Managing the changing lives process - ensure that those who are changing lives are focused and take it to completion and make the process visible to all
- Benchmarking of salaries on an annual basis
- Managing the process for training staff and identifying worthwhile training needs and courses
- Management of succession planning
- Co-coordinating CSI initiatives within Tutuka to ensure that all initiatives align with the values of Tutuka
- Managing the process of recruitment, mini projects used during recruiting and tools for successfully evaluating a person
- Investigation of hiring policies within the international regions and how this should be structured
- Traditional HR functions e.g. maternity leave, review of contracts, queries on salaries, etc.
What We’re Looking For
- An empathetic, conscientious and resourceful person with experience in looking after people
- A clear, concise communicator
- A positive, autonomous person who is familiar with, and enjoys, remote working
- This is not a position for someone who likes being told what to do and constantly monitored and managed. You must be looking for the challenge of implementing your own ideas and coming up with new ways of doing things
- This is not for someone who is reactive. You must enjoy getting things done on your own in a proactive manner, rather than being told what to do. You must want to make things happen
- Experience of working in a startup environment
- The ability to travel to the various regions and get to know the people in each location
As a person...
- You'll be given autonomy and responsibility to make decisions yourself
- You'll get to work with an exceptional team of talented developers and management team situated around the world
- You'll find every day stimulating, challenging and thought provoking
Whether you're an experienced executive or a fresh graduate genius, we're looking for people that make things work. Our core values are...
- Make it happen
- Make it easy
- Make it right
Apply for this position
All suitable applications can be emailed to email@example.com