We’re looking for a Full-Time Senior Streaming Engineer, but not just any engineer.
Someone that shares our same vision. Someone that is willing to join us on our journey to change the way that businesses communicate, market, and sell online. Someone that is process-oriented and driven by results.
As a young start up (only 4 months since our opening), we have hundreds of amazing users and are growing every single month. We’ve been in development for over a year and a half, but this is truly the beginning for us. While the webinar, web-communication space has been around for a while and continues to grow, we believe that we’re creating an entirely new segment in the market and doing it in a simple way.
Demio is a simple but incredibly powerful webinar platform. With our platform, companies can generate leads, filter prospects, perform group demos, engaging sales presentations, integrate with their CRM, view advanced webinar reporting, track conversions, and more. It’s truly unlike any other product in the market.
Our team is small, but nimble. We love to employ great people, and now we have an open spot for another senior software engineer as we continue to grow to start part-time (that will grow into a full time position).
However, we’re at the point now where we believe it could be pivotal to find the right person to fill that role to help our growth. We want someone to join our team who is hungry to make an impact, constantly striving to improve, highly responsible for their actions, focused on output and results, and understands that great companies are built one small step at a time.
While we’re currently based in Tampa, FL, our entire team is remote, and we are happy to offer the ability to work remote with our team from ANYWHERE in the world through our systems in Slack, Github, and Trello.
Not only will you be remote, but we will offer a very competitive salary while working with a small, agile team that is hungry and eager to make an impact. Your work will never go unnoticed. Your work will ALWAYS make large waves in the company. And on top of that, you’ll be able to earn equity in our company.
By joining now, you’ll be able to get in on the ground floor and help make some of the major decisions that will ultimately shape our company. Oh, and not to mention, you’ll be able to get equity in a company that is going to make a huge dent in the web-communication space.
We have a philosophy for our company that revolves around our team: we ONLY work with A-Players. A-Players, in our opinion, are people who cannot accept anything that is less than great.
You’ll be able to work with a passionate, intelligent, and dedicated group of people that will allow you take your skills to the next level. You’ll always be challenged to be the best that you can be.
But hey, we also like to have fun too; we understand that building a company is quite the journey, and it can be incredibly hard, so we believe that it’s important to enjoy the moments along the way.
Skills & Requirements
What are we looking for from you? Well here’s a short list, but it will always be growing:
- Developing scalable and reliable backend applications for our live video collaboration platform.
- Excellent communication/english skills and ability to work well with remote teams (excellent verbal and written english skills)
- Follows coding best practices and develops appropriate testing and deployment scripts.
- Monitors and develops standards for server load with recommendations for improving performance. (nothing is ever “perfect’)
- Takes ownership of problems and develops innovative solutions to solving them.
And the languages? Well, you should have vast experience with a wide range of different programming languages, but at the same time, you should always be willing to learn & grow more.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Familiarity with Linux deployments.
- Experience with Docker deployments.
- Experience with Amazon EC2 and Elastic Beanstalk usages is a plus.
- Working knowledge of MongoDB, and traditional SQL architectures.
Now you may not know everything… but some additional preferred skills:
- Excellent knowledge in online video technologies including WebRTC, VP8 and H.264 codecs, HLS, MP4, transcoding and delivery.
- Experience building and maintaining live video and audio platforms.
- Knowledge in integration with Wowza Media Server and FFMpeg.
Now I know you’re probably wondering more about our technology stack, right?
Well our Stack is built into two distinct sides:
Our Streaming platform is built in ReactJS, NodeJS, Socket.io, MongoDB, and WebRTC.
Our User platform is built in PhalconPHP, ReactJS, and a RESTful architecture.
Our mobile application is built in React Native and NodeJS.
At Demio, we are creating a culture of excitement and growth, driven by results. We believe that day-by-day actions & consistencies create lasting success; it’s the little things that matter. We’re creating the freshest, most innovative ideas for software that helps marketers flourish.
Having the freedom to propose and execute even your most out-there ideas for the company and getting all the support and coaching you need to be your best. All in a fun and positive way with a major focus on work/life balance and growth.
About the pay for this position:
The salary will be based on experience and your background in Software Engineering. The initial range is from $70k-80k for this full-time position plus Stock Options.
JOB PERKS (yaaay)
Yes, there's perks :D
2 Weeks Paid vacation. Love reading ebooks? (Use our digital library or request new books). Paid Access to Digital Courses for extended training. Free Gym Membership. 1 local Tech Event a month. Plus, the Infinite Joys of Working with a truly Mission Driven team motivated by excellence
Here’s what we’ll need in the Hiring email:
1. Send over any examples of work you’ve done or developed with relation to Video Streaming or any of the stack mentioned above. Any open source projects including GitHub Repo’s work as well.
2. A résumé is cool but not necessary, feel free to include any and all development repos you have of past code (optional) please also include a link to your Linkedin or other social media accounts, if you have any.
3. Tell us about you personally, stuff you’re into – what your goals are, where you are in life and where you want to be in life. This may not be your dream job, but who knows maybe we can work together to help it become so!
4. What’s your favorite book?
5. BONUS! Include a video of yourself telling us a little bit about yourself – just post it on Vimeo/YouTube/etc. This will greatly increase your chances of an interview! :)