Senior Project Manager
Posted Mar 21
Interpersonal Frequency (I.F.)
Headquarters: Washington, D.C.
- You have 7+ years of project management under your belt in the tech industry. A plus if you are a certified Product Owner or SCRUM Master (we use a custom SDLC).
- You love building close relationships with clients, and can keep a team of engineers on task, on time, and under budget.
- You are flexible, agile and have passion for working with engineers, designers, and other project managers to schedule and run projects that ultimately create sites used by millions of people each day.
- You have a way of translating business goals into priorities, and can easily facilitate/run a meeting on time.
- You have a head for details and a good mixture of planning, risk taking and a “get-it- done” attitude.
- You value the open source community and want to give back to it.
- You can clearly explain your ideas to clients and other team members both verbally and in writing.
- Most of all, you’re not a jerk: you like to have fun and work with a small team! You play well with others, and aren’t afraid to ask smart questions.
- You will work with our Senior Team, clients and professional services team.
- You will manage project details, budgets and milestones for a myriad of different clients.
- You will be running kickoff meetings, you will oversee projects from the very beginning, scoping, planning and organizing projects, through to their completion.
- You will represent the I.F. team to the client, and will represent the client’s needs internally, working to keep both our engineers and the client’s team on schedule and on budget by staying on top of the action, anticipating issues and resolving them proactively.
- This is a fun, fast-paced job, and no two days will be the same.
- You must either be a US Citizen or already have a Green Card to apply
- Minimum seven years’ experience project managing teams engaged in designing and developing software, websites or applications
- Experience being primary client contact, responsible for client satisfaction throughout projects
- Experience with team communication tools such as Zoom, Basecamp and Slack
- Experience project planning, including establishing and meeting key milestones and budgets
- Experience analyzing user and website data and leveraging analytics to drive design and create authority as the "internal client" for I.F.'s creative director, user interface designer, developers, and testers
- Experience running senior and executive team meetings, as well as client sprint re views and internal scrums/weeklies and communicate via clear, regular status reports
- Experience managing project budgets and notifying/mitigating when costs begin trending higher than expected
- Experience predicting and monitoring risks for large, complex project with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with post mortems (internal team) and client satisfaction efforts to continually improve process and satisfaction
- Experience with clients in the vendor/agency realm very helpful
- Experience managing remote teams and resources
- Experience with content management systems, such as Drupal
- Scrum/Agile/Kanban experience and/or certification
- PMP Certification a nice to have
- While organizing and leading our biggest projects, you’ll also help our Senior Team build and manage our Project Management team as we continue to grow quickly
- Room for this position to quickly grow into manager role such as head of PMO (Project Management Organization) or Professional Services management
- Super fun, cutting edge remote work environment – ever changing, always a chat away from team members
- Your work directly impacts the lives of millions of Americans every day
- Regence BlueShield Healthcare, and Guardian Dental/Vision/Life/Disability plans
- Unlimited vacation, and a flexible schedule
- Work from home, or from one of our main offices. (If you work from home, be prepared to travel at least once a month for face-to-face collaboration with client and/or team at the client location or a main I.F. office.)
- Excellent pay and benefits
- I.F. is an equal opportunity employer
Apply for this position
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org *Note* You must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder to apply