Posted Mar 13
Headquarters: San Francisco
Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D’Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet—connecting thousands of elite engineers all over the world. In the last four years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for tech companies requiring top-tier engineering talent and for the top 3% of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
We are looking for a Xamarin Developer passionate about creating highly performant, scalable, cross-platform, and feature-rich mobile applications for Android and iOS. Your primary responsibility will be to build production-ready, Xamarin-based mobile applications for a large variety of industry-leading clients. To do this position, you must have a deep love for creating top quality C#-based mobile applications for Android and iOS.
By joining the Toptal network, you’ll have the opportunity to work on many client projects ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500s with teams of highly skilled experts from around the world.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Freedom to choose your own schedule and choose from a variety of hourly, part-time, and full-time projects.
- The ability to work from wherever you want. Whether you prefer traveling and working from exotic beaches or spending time with your family and working from home, the choice is yours.
- Access to a thriving, collaborative community of talented peers.
- Invitations to frequent Toptal events going on around the world, including dinners, tech talks, conferences, and more.
- Extremely competitive compensation.
- Lead the development of iOS and Android applications using Xamarin, including writing and maintaining code, creating unit tests, collaborating with team members, and leading teams as necessary.
- Ensure the highest level of quality throughout the mobile software development life cycle.
- Use C# and Xamarin best practices to ensure the same quality of applications across multiple platforms with minimal duplication of effort.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable C# code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Extensive experience developing mobile applications for both Android and iOS, including a deep understanding of the differences between them and the nuances of working with each.
- Extensive experience building mobile applications using C# and the Xamarin framework, including familiarity with the APIs available with Xamarin.
- Excellent object-oriented programming skills in C#.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Strong knowledge of iOS SDK and experience with Xcode.
- Experience with integration of web services into mobile applications, including a record of working with SOAP, REST, JSON, and XML.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”.
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization.
- Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback.
Apply for this position
Please apply using following link: http://bit.ly/1YwuqbZ