Dev Ops Engineer / System Administration
Posted Mar 8
Headquarters: Austin, TX
We are an innovative healthcare software company that provides patient engagement and communication software solutions to medical practices. We are seeking a Dev Ops team member to ensure the production systems are in good shape and the development team members are cranking out quality code as efficiently as possible. We are looking for hard working, motivated, independent self-starters who value freedom, seek challenge, and want responsibility.
As a Dev Ops Senior Engineer, your opportunities to make an impact will be:
· Ensuring code releases /rollbacks go as smooth as possible. This includes both code and database releases along with maintaining GIT/GIT Lab
· Finish up implementing and then maintain a continuous integration solution.
· Assist in a migration to Docker/Aptible from Vagrant Opsworks as our development platform.
· Monitor production and troubleshoot when issues arise. This means being creative and digging to determine problems and potential solutions. Quite often applying them when needed.
· Constantly improve our code development and release process by working closely with the development team and trying new processes / solutions.
· Work with specific developers when issues arise and make sure the development platform is easy to set up and use.
· Maintain, monitor and support mysql database and AWS S3 logging systems. This may mean query optimization, or other solutions to ensure things are functioning in the best manner possible.
· Make sure operating systems and security is in place so that we meet all regulatory and legal guidelines. This means constantly improving our security, process and procedures in our AWS private cloud.
· Provision, set up and support 3rd party apps mostly in AWS such as SQS and or other services.
Selected candidates will be offered a three month trial, will turn into a full time role should all goals be met.
· Listen intently and ask good questions, by truly hearing what people are saying and respecting their thoughts, ideas and concerns.
· Solve technical challenges in a creative manner, not being afraid to experiment, test and troubleshoot.
· Learn new software and /or features in an efficient and effective manner.
· Ability to document and explain how to follow steps and processes to accomplish goals or solve problems.
· Enjoy multi-tasking and have the ability to prioritize daily workload in a fast paced environment.
· Driven to learn and willing to “go the extra mile” in an environment which encourages freedom and personal responsibility
· Comfort with technology which includes but not limited to Ubuntu, AWS, AWS Opsworks, Docker, Python, PHP, GIT
· BA degree with at least 8 years of experience providing system administration development operations and support on Linux
· Telecommuting is common in our company but you must be US based for this role.
Apply for this position
Send a resume to email@example.com