Digital Project Manager
Posted Mar 3
Modern Tribe is looking for a talented and experienced freelance digital project manager based somewhere in North America to join our Product’s Team.
If you are drawn to order like a moth to a flame, then drop us a line. If you like maintaining lists and seeing team members make progress because you set them up to succeed, then you are perfect for this gig. We are looking for someone comfortable with leading product development project within the plug in development space.
If you are skilled in agile, waterfall and whatever-suits-the-project techniques, then we should talk.
To be transparent, this is NOT a Digital Producer role. We have Strategists that you will be working with as well as UX team members. This gig is about organization and management more than it is about creative input. Also We’re a WordPress agency so you should have run some projects with the platform.
Your primary responsibility is to shepherd the project to success. We pride ourselves on our projects arriving on time, on scope, on budget with a happy team and customer. You will create confidence through organization and oversee communication. To do this, you will need to:
- Manage scope, timeline and budget execution
- Manage expectations for everyone on a project including the team, the account managers, and the customer
- Run scrums and other status meetings
- Review team hours
- Write SOWs
- Review budget
- Set up and maintain tickets in the management system
- Manage collection of assets and information from the customer
- Perform meeting prep, prepare agendas, and handle all follow up
- Produce weekly and monthly summary reports
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- A methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Fluent English speaker
Knowledge & Experience
- At least 5 years of experience working as a PM, ideally on a distributed web design/dev team
- Experience with agile and waterfall management styles
- Experience producing large CMS powered websites
- A whiz when it comes to online collaboration tools. You feel at home when we talk about Slack, Google Hangouts, Google Docs, Dropbox or any number of online PM tools.
- Experience managing projects with budgets over $100k
- Experience with WordPress
- Technical experience as a frontend or backend developer
- Experience with enterprise level web development projects
- Design experience
Who we are
Modern Tribe, Inc. is a rapidly growing software & design company. We develop custom solutions for some of the world’s largest companies, government institutions and smaller growing organizations. We pride ourselves on our ability to bridge people and technology and to bring the passion and dedication of an entrepreneur to every project. Our team is composed of talented employees and freelancers around North & South America (and a smattering across the globe).
Who You Are
We love working with each other because we have built a culture that suits us well. We work primarily with freelancers and coordinate their talents for large projects. To be on our team, you must be:
HAPPY: Where there is a will, there is a way. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
HELPFUL: Always looking for ways that you can help others.
CURIOUS: It is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily, and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
ACCOUNTABLE: Our clients expect us to get the right thing done on budget and on time. Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success.
For this role specifically, you should feel comfortable wrangling a chaotic digital media project into an organized one. You should ask lots of questions and feel a need to. We are hoping you will not just project manage, but understand the project, the business goals and engage in the technology enough to be able to anticipate scope, budget and timeline challenges.
Work from anywhere in North, Central or South America. Please do not apply if your timezone is outside of the US range and if you are not totally fluent in English. You just need a computer and a strong wifi signal to support daily video chats with the Tribe.
Pay range is between $50-$60 US per hour commensurate with qualifications and experience. This gig is about 20 hours per week. This is a one time contract position, though we are always seeking longer relationships with awesome people.
We believe that distributed working is a way of life. We understand what it means to work remotely. We offer consistency in expectations, payment, and support. We believe in learning from each other and fostering personal growth. You can expect to learn a lot while working with us.
(Also, if you work enough with us, we’ll bring you on the team trips.)