Director of Digital Marketing
Posted Mar 2
Headquarters: Chicago, IL
Remote Year Business Description
Remote Year brings together communities of interesting professionals, entrepreneurs, and freelancers from across the globe to spend a year working, traveling, and exploring 12 cities around the world. Spending one month in each location, communities connect with local cultures and business ecosystems, forming lifelong, borderless personal and professional relationships along the way. Together we will shape the future of work.
We want you to join our movement as our Director of Digital Marketing. This role will be responsible for acquiring and retaining Remote Year customers. Primarily driving our digital marketing efforts, the Director of Digital Marketing will lead the charge for our organic and paid search, display, social, retargeting, email and SMS/mobile. In addition, this role will develop and execute paid digital marketing campaigns directly and/or through the work of a digital agency. Experience with all facets of search engine marketing is desired, as well as demonstrated experience with email marketing and advertising on all relevant social platforms. The successful candidate will be responsible, in partnership with the Head of Marketing, for identifying new acquisition channels and using them efficiently. This position will oversee two Marketing Associates.
- Research and Analysis - Identify emerging digital trends and patterns to ensure Remote Year establishes an effective and enticing digital marketing presence
- Marketing Automation - Implement an inbound marketing automation system that will scale with our growing business
- Campaign Management - Stay ahead of the latest changes in search platforms, developing campaign ideas, writing ad text, and setting up all necessary tracking and campaign reporting
- Organic Search Engine Optimization – Act as resident subject matter expert on organic search engine marketing by staying up to date on the latest changes in the SERPs and identifying opportunities to improve rankings. Identify and manage external resources to improve organic search traffic. Develop and manage a long-term roadmap for site enhancements and content development to improve rankings and traffic
- Testing and Optimization - Perform A/B and multivariate testing on landing pages and creative formats to continually optimize all paid marketing efforts
- Analysis – Campaign tracking, custom dashboard creation, event tracking, and tag management. Stay up-to-date on latest changes and opportunities within RJMetrics and Google Analytics
- Forecasting and Modeling – Create /update models that help determine media mix. Analyze the acquisition funnel and the lifetime value of customers by channel in order to optimize spend
- Creative and Copy - Generate (directly or in partnership with designers) creative and copy that can be used to test and iterate acquisition campaigns
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar field
- 4-5 years experience directly managing a small team in a related role
- 4+ years of online marketing experience including high proficiency in email, SEM, SEO, online advertising, social media marketing, web analytics and online best practices
- Strong oral communication and writing skills
- Advanced reporting, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- AdWords and Google Analytics Certifications a plus
- Experience writing and running SQL queries
- Detailed comprehension of how ad formats, platforms and targeting can be leveraged to maximize return on ad spend
- Demonstrated success using customer segmentation to optimize results
- Proven track record in creating, driving and executing an online marketing strategy inclusive of acquisition programs resulting in marked growth
- Excellent analytical, business writing, and project management skills.
- In depth knowledge of Web analytics (Google Analytics and AdWords), CMS systems, CRM/marketing automation, SEO/SEM best practices, Social Media engagement and analytics, Email Service Providers.
- Data-Driven Curiosity - We need a power player who is genuinely curious to drive business growth through the use of quantitative and quality data.
- Passion – We need to get every potential client excited about the unique way that we are changing the world, and you are at the front of that movement.
- Ownership – We aspire for autonomy, so be prepared to demonstrate fierce dedication and to take ownership of your assigned work and any new challenges that come your way.
- Organization – We rely on great time management skills and the ability to stay connected and productive in a distributed work environment.
- Collaboration - We need someone with a proven ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and to manage agency relationships.
Apply for this position
Apply online at http://remote-year.breezy.hr/