Posted Feb 27
Headquarters: Charlottetown, PE, Canada
Silverorange is an eleven-person design and development agency based in Canada. We’re looking for a detail-obsessed communicator and problem solver to serve as digital project manager for our team, and make us a full dozen.
Our focus is on interesting and meaningful projects. We’ve worked with well known technology organizations like Duolingo and Mozilla, and with world-renowned doctors training other doctors through online education. The core of our team has been together for eighteen years, and we’ve created a unique culture built as much on quality of life, openness, and a wonderful work environment as our commitment to building great user-focused systems.
We’re looking for a project manager who will look at our existing tools and processes and then help us either refine our methods or introduce new ways to make us more productive. You will be empowered to continually evaluate and improve our process, thereby helping the entire team excel at their jobs.
This position is available immediately and we will work with you to get you started as soon as you’re available.
- You’ll be our enabler. We want a project manager who will get the most out of our team by enabling our developers, designers, and management to focus on their strengths and providing a solid map of where we’re going as a team.
- Collaborating with our developers and designers as well as our clients to sustainably and effectively drive projects to completion.
- Balancing the needs of concurrent projects that are each reliant on a different group of people on our team. You’ll be responsible for overseeing the progress of the projects and ensuring everyone has appropriate tasks.
- Optimizing for collaboration and communication, and helping our team remain passionate about our work from project to project.
- Leading the team’s development process, whether it’s Scrum, Kanban, something in-between, or something else.
- Being the point person for managing our tasks and clients using project management tools. We currently use a mix of Trello and Targetprocess for project tracking and Slack for communication.
- Helping the team resolve issues as they come up, and raise them with clients and project owners as necessary.
- Being the source of truth for the state of each team’s projects, keeping track of project status and deadlines and working with all parties to adapt to changing goals when necessary.
- Keeping our path to the future clear: as our bug and feature backlogs change, working with our clients to keep our upcoming tasks relevant.
- Balancing deadlines and client needs with a supportive work environment and focus on quality of life.
- You are an enabler who thrives on finding ways to get the most out of our team and team members.
- You have a passion for learning and self-improvement, both in terms of the tools and methodologies we’ll use as a team, and personally.
- You love team building and facilitation, including leading meetings, and problem resolution/mediation.
- You can effectively manage time commitments and priorities across competing goals. The ability to shepherd the team to completing the goals is also a must.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills and have significant experience communicating with a team and with clients.
- You know how to effectively work with remote team members and business partners across time-zones. Most of our clients are in California and we have team members in Charlottetown, Montreal, Vancouver and Ecuador.
We’re confident we’ll be able to help you get up to speed on the technical end of the job, but ideally you’ll identify with some of the following statements.
- You care deeply about maintaining a sustainable software development process where Product, Design, Engineering, and you collaborate.
- You have been a Project Manager in the software industry.
- You have led projects involving technical operations and new software product/service development.
- You’ve helped ship a digital product and know what it takes to get a project done with a team of developers.
- Your strong knowledge of project management approaches to product delivery will help us avoid common pitfalls. We use a hybrid scrum/kanban process now, but are open to new ideas and always evolving.
- You have experience joining and communicating with a tightly knit team of people, and dealing directly with external clients.
Remote working is a possibility
This position can be remote, though you are welcome to work from our lovely offices in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada. Being located within four hours of Atlantic Standard Time (UTC-4) is required. We prefer to hire from within Canada.
As it stands, 30% of our current team and 95% of our clients are remote (most are international), so you’ll have to be comfortable working within and supporting a remote work environment regardless of your location.
If you are looking for the job to be remote, we’d want you to come and work from Charlottetown (on us) for your initial few weeks of work, and we attempt to have all employees spend some time throughout the year in Charlottetown working with the local team. So count on visiting Charlottetown semi-regularly.
Though you may be working remotely, you’ll be an active member of a great small team, both here at silverorange and with our clients. Regular voice or video communication will help keep you in touch with the smart people you’ll be working with.
- Flexible work hours.
- 3 weeks of vacation, on top of 9 days of civic holidays and 3 weeks of company-wide shut down.
- Health and dental coverage.
- Yearly company-wide bonuses based on overall company success, plus ownership opportunities and dividends for long-term employees.
- Salary ranging from CAD $50,000-78,000 per year.
How to Apply
Email us at email@example.com with the subject line Project Fitzroy, a brief overview of your qualifications, and an explanation of why you’d be great for the job. Tell us about an interesting project you’ve managed or helped ship. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along.
People with different backgrounds and experiences make us stronger, and we’re always looking for ways to improve. Why not help us with that? We’d love to hear from you.
silverorange, 84 Fitzroy Street
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
firstname.lastname@example.org +1 902 894 4533
Apply for this position
Email us at email@example.com with the subject line Project Fitzroy.