Software Engineer - Firmware and Embedded Linux
Posted Feb 15
Waldo Photos is a photo finding platform empowering consumers to toss their selfie sticks, put their phones back in their pockets and live in the moment. Waldo is the only platform that removes all of the friction in getting photos of you taken by others and creates new opportunities for photographers to market and sell their photos. Users can enjoy life’s most precious events and automatically receive images taken of them right on their phones or share images of others they’ve taken without having to lift a finger – whether between friends and family or a professional photographer
We're looking for an independent problem-solver who values learning, keeps current on technology trends, and enjoys the ownership and accountability that is expected from early-stage team members.
The ideal candidate:
- Has made a Raspberry Pi do something very cool and battery powered.
- Knows how to program battery efficient software in C and Python.
- Has experience working with Bluetooth, Bluetooth LE and specifically the Bluez library on Linux.
- Understands the USB communication protocol and related firmware behavior.
- Has experience programming iOS applications to interact with peripheral devices such as MFI Certified hardware accessories and Bluetooth accessories.
- Experience programming DSLR cameras
- Understands building and maintaining a Linux kernel build for an ARM chipset.
- East Austin office (dog-friendly).
- Flexible vacation.
- Competitive benefits
- Topo Chico and/or La Croix for days.
- Unlimited high fives.