Senior Backend Engineer
Posted Feb 14
Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
Everlane is a fast-growing retail brand with a mission to create ethical, quality basics for everyone around the world. We believe that by being transparent with our customers, we're moving the industry forward while educating customers about ethical factories, pricing, and distribution.
Everlane is growing quickly. Our traffic and order volume dramatically increase each year, and we are seeing demand spread internationally.
This brings with it new technical challenges.
We are at an inflection point where our systems need to evolve to keep up with demand. We're looking for someone to join our small, scrappy engineering team as a key figure focused on the backend.
We are building the future of e-commerce and retail and would love for you to join us in developing the technology to service that vision. Our team is remote friendly, historically always allowing temporary remote working for our full time staff. We now feel that our process is accommodating enough to remote working that having full time remote engineers is not only possible, but something we're excited to invest in.
- You have previous experience working remotely
- You write fantastic Ruby, but aren't tied to the language
- You have some systems programming experience, whether with a C-based language or something more modern like Rust or Go
- You prefer proven technologies
- You have a track record of inheriting complex systems, simplifying and scaling them
- You aren't fazed by legacy codebases or vendors
- We are a design-driven company who sees technology as a key competitive advantage in delivering a unique experience for our customers
- We have built all of our core systems in-house from day one
- We grow carefully and methodically
- We have a track record of employees growing with the company and maintaining our unique, transparent company culture
Apply for this position
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume attached and the following subject: "Remote Work: Senior Backend Engineer"