Senior Rails Developer
Posted Feb 14
Headquarters: Charlottesville, VA
BeHealth Solutions seeks an experienced Rails developer to join a small team developing high-volume Software as a Service web applications in the field of digital health using all of the latest technologies.
You will contribute to the design and development of our groundbreaking insomnia product, recently published in Journal of the American Medical Association and the New York Times. This is a unique opportunity to use your programming skills to help people and change lives.
This is a full-time position.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Build maintainable, scalable web applications with rich dynamic interfaces.
- Work with a solid team of experienced peers.
- Participate in the mentoring of junior developers, contribute your expertise to technology choices, and collaborate on architecture and design.
- Add features, fix code and deploy from day one.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Programming or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years experience in web app development and at least 3+ years of recent experience developing production web applications with Ruby on Rails. We use Ruby 2.2 and Rails 5. You’ll need experience with Ruby 2+ and Rails 4+.
- Be passionate about your craft.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design, incremental development, and the principles of refactoring.
- Knowledge of SQL. Should understand the difference between an inner and outer join.
- Self-directed time management, documentation and communication skills
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL ALSO POSSESS:
- Strong UI/UX skills.
- History with SaaS applications.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services or similar platform hosting service.
- Skill with containerization tools such as Docker and deployment management tools such as Ansible.
- A background with HIPAA or other regulatory compliance.
Apply for this position
Send a resume to email@example.com