Front End Rails Developer
Posted Feb 9
Headquarters: Los Angeles, California
Front-End Rails Developer - Dekeo
Are you driven to build problem-solving applications? Do you get energized by collaborating -- and learning alongside -- super-talented team members? Are you passionate and pragmatic about the craft of writing code?
We seek an insanely curious and resourceful Front End Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. This team delivers the core functionality for our leading design eCommerce site. Over a million customers interact with our technology, and we're committed to making each of those interactions a seamless Experience.
Who We Are:
Dekeo is a new business line being spun out of a fast-growing, profitable company. Dekeo is creating a global ecommerce marketplace for creative promotional products (putting company or team logos on t-shirts, water bottles, and stickers). While the company is still very much at a growth stage – there's a huge number of technical challenges still to solved, exciting ideas to pursue, and value to be built.
- Write clean, maintainable and efficient code
- Build and maintain critical features and functionality
- Design robust, scalable and secure features
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Coordinate with Product Managers and UX Designers
- Work closely with other teams and disciplines to come up with simple, elegant solutions that balances everyone’s needs
- The ability to work well with others in pursuit of a collective and common goal
- Willing to set up others for success AND personally step up to achieve results
Your primary focus is to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
Ultimately, you should be able to create a functional and attractive digital environment for our company, ensuring great user experience.
- BS in computer science and 2+ years of work experience
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages (such as ERB)
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors (such as SCSS, based on project requirements)
- Experience with Bootstrap
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (e.g. Git)
- Experience with agile story tool such as Jira
- Commitment to test driven development and demonstrated examples of how you've incorporated it into recent projects.
- Love to see open source work contributions.
This position is remote but you will also have to option for those that want to come into an office and work with other developers in the Playa Vista area.
Apply for this position
Please send your resume with a cover letter mentioning "We Work Remotely" to 3A8787D361@jobs.workablemail.com