Posted Feb 8
Headquarters: Dallas, TX
At Modern Message our focus is on building great products that solve real-world problems for our customers. Our core product Community Rewards, an engagement platform for apartment residents, and our rapid growth will present you with a plethora of opportunities for achievement and growth.
We're looking for a talented user experience designer to help us maintain our software and direct the design of new features and product improvements. This person should have a real passion for usability, an eye for visual consistency, and a knack for reducing the complex to the bare essentials.
You will work closely with both business owners, product managers and engineers, and will need to understand their perspectives. We're a small team so the opportunity for you to take on a big role and have a huge impact is very real. Our culture is collaborative, focused and dynamic. If you are the best at what you do and our mission resonates with you, we'd love to have you join us.
- Have 5+ years' education and/or experience in design, user experience, HCI, psychology, front-end development or related field(s).
- Have a deep understanding of your chosen design tools
- Are flexible and embrace constraints as a necessary component of the design process
- Are proficient with HTML and CSS.
- Keep the interface beautiful and easy to use. Direct the visual appearance of all new features and enhancements on our software application
- Initiate, suggest, and spearhead major UI refactorings for a more intuitive user-experience
- Design elegant solutions to complex workflows. Design things that people will talk about
- Be the user-advocate during the development process, subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing or expert review, and offering implementation suggestions from a user-centered perspective
- Act as the "go to" with in-depth knowledge of user interface methodologies and standards. Use research-related services, theories and methods to support your recommendations
- Take the initiative in providing input and feedback in both departmental discussions and on issues relating to other departments
- Develop wireframes, behavioral specifications, and personas
- Develop front-end UI components
Benefits: Competitive salary; health and retirement benefits; if you're in Dallas, we have a pretty stylish office downtown and are very particular about our coffee. We will get you whatever equipment you need.
Remote candidates in the US are welcome!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.