Linux System Administrator
Posted Feb 7
Headquarters: London, UK
Envision is a FinTech start-up company based at level 39 canary wharf London, europe’s largest technology accelerator for FinTech. Envision is also a member of the Innovate Finance and very actively engaged with the London’s fast paced FinTech community. At Envision we believe in a future free from the complexity of the payments eco-system and 100% peace of mind guaranteed for our customers from the risk of growing online fraud.
Envision is building a digital payments platform that connects smaller and medium-sized businesses from the emerging markets to their consumers in the developed economies. Our platform is a simple, secure and affordable way for the businesses to integrate their online stores, mobile apps to receive payments from all major credit/ debit cards. We make integration very simple with clear documentation and clean APIs so any business can integrate their website or apps to our platform without the help of any skilled developer. We also offer secure payment transactions and 100% chargeback guarantees giving our customers complete peace of mind to grow their business.
Growth of global eCommerce requires an affordable, easy to integrate, secure and open to all payments platform, especially in emerging markets. We believe that people are inherently innovative and every community has something unique to offer the world given the opportunity and the platform for launch and growth. Envision’s goal is to connect millions of businesses and entrepreneurs with innovative products from the emerging markets to their international consumers and growth of cross-border transactions that still suffers from the risk of online fraud. We want to contribute to the world in meaningful ways in connecting and empowering entrepreneurs from communities that nobody has served before while also building the foundation of a very successful and forward looking business.
We are looking for a Linux administrator who will be responsible for designing, implementing, and monitoring our payment system (including PCI-DSS) infrastructure; also, to collaborate with other team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes. You will become an integral part of the team, making every problem of the platform a problem of your own, and solving them accordingly.
Please note: The position is mainly remote, so you can be located anywhere in the world as long as you have a good internet connection and are happy to have some overlap with the GMT/BST timezone.
- Set up our production and staging Azure platforms according to high security standards and PCI-DSS requirements.
- Perform regular network vulnerability scans as well a security checks.
- Implement and manage the internal virtual networks of the company (2 factor auth, VPNs, LDAP, Email server, …)
- Help tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure
- Design and develop infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools
- Develop and maintain configuration management solutions
- Create tools to help teams make the most out of the available infrastructure
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience with Linux servers in virtualized environments
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Postgres, Docker, nginx, etc.
- Experience with cloud platforms, Azure being a plus.
- Knowledge or even Certification in PCI-DSS would be highly beneficial.
- Strong grasp on configuration management tools, such as Ansible.
- Familiarity with load balancing, firewalls, etc.
- Experience with the Atlassian stack would be an advantage.
- Proficient with network tools such as iptables, Linux IPVS, HAProxy, etc.
- Ability to build and monitor services on production servers.
- Experience working remotely or with remote teams is an advantage.
- Individual with a passion and enthusiasm to take on bigger challenges and stretching goals.
- Success mindset.
- Proactive and creative self-starter.
- Problem solver with positive mental and learning attitude.
- Team player with strong interpersonal, communication skills.
- Can work in small team with a vision to grow.
We are always looking for people who are keen to make a difference and put their knowledge and expertise to practical test. We encourage taking calculated risks and learn quickly and refine our processes for the benefit of our customers.
Envision is not only about profits. Our ambition is to be a socially responsible company contributing to the local children charities and support orphan children around the world educating them on self reliance, practical life skills and not only to survive but thrive in a world full of opportunities and abundance.
We thank you in advance for your interest!
The Envision Team
Apply for this position
Send a cover letter, salary expectations and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org