Posted Feb 1
Aha Media Group
Headquarters: Silver Spring, MD
Aha Media Group
We are recruiting. We need enthusiastic quarterbacks to lead our project teams and take responsibility for calling the plays on content projects. Our project managers are experienced problem solvers who guide clients and collaborate with editors and writers, creating excellent content.
The project manager is the client’s primary point of contact. The project manager sets and manages project expectations and serves as a liaison between clients and our internal team. A large part of this role is account management--developing relationships with clients to understand their ongoing content needs. This role reports directly to the Director of Content Development.
Kicks off and plans projects
- Works with Business Development and Director of Content Development to transition projects from the sales to project phases, ensuring clients are onboarded and comfortable with our process and practices
- Schedules and attends kickoff calls with clients, taking in-depth notes and creating a project plan that includes key points, such as deliverables, stakeholders, timeline, resourcing and review process
- Pitches projects to part-time, remote editors and writers, creates detailed writing assignments, and schedules and attends internal kickoff calls with editors and writers
Executes and monitors projects
- Tracks key deliverables using project plans, timelines and status updates
- Monitors project budgets and specifications to ensure projects are within scope
- Writes weekly status reports, conducts regular status calls if requested or follow-up calls as needed
- Runs stand-up meetings when necessary to ensure internal team is on track and understands immediate and future needs
- Ensures all parties are happy with final work product and brings the project to a close by transferring project ownership and closing the project
- Schedules and moderates project retrospective meetings with clients and internal team to ensure betterment of project processes and practices
Develops new business opportunities
- Grows business with existing clients
- Attends networking events
This is a full-time position and is 100% telework. Candidates must have at least three years of project management experience. You may be expected to travel on occasion.
Are You Able To?
- Manage projects and client relationships – planning, prioritizing and managing deliverables for multiple projects with parallel timelines while balancing the different needs and opinions of many different people
- Lead dynamic teams in a fast-paced, growth-oriented and collaborative environment while keeping everyone accountable for tasks, deadlines and communications
- Use project management tools including or similar to Google Drive, Basecamp, Smartsheet and Harvest
- Write and communicate clearly and effectively
- Handle conflict and construct and propose rational solutions
- Talk the content talk, having a genuine and proactive interest in content strategy, editorial processes and project management
- Telework while working with and motivating remote teams
Aha Media Group is a fast-paced atmosphere. If these align with your values, you should apply:
- Excellent: Our commitment to excellence in everything we do includes understanding we do our best each and every time.
- Growth-oriented: We learn from our mistakes and focus on improvement.
- Respectful and direct communicators: We follow the adage of delivering truth mixed with kindness.
- Accountable: We own our wins and our mistakes.
- Passionate about customers: They are the focus of all that we do.
- Inventive: We create best practices in our industry.
If you are interested, please submit:
Apply for this position
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.