Senior Ruby Developer (London office or Remote in UK)
Posted Jan 10
Headquarters: London, UK
Our sophisticated web crawler helps some of the world's top companies improve their web sites by giving them deep, comprehensive insights into their problems -- and solutions. Companies that make their business on the web depend on DeepCrawl to improve user experience, manage change, and improve indexability.
Your role is to bring your passion for Ruby and other open-source technologies to build better tools for improving web sites. In the end, it’s all about making the web a better place for users -- with fewer annoying gimmicks and more genuinely useful, well designed, easily found resources.
We’ve built our stack on AWS and leading open source technologies: Ruby, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, AngularJS. As a Ruby developer, you’ll be writing backend code with our core team, and will have ample opportunity to learn new skills and evaluate leading-edge technologies as we seek the most powerful ways to reach our users.
This position is available to remote candidates anywhere in the UK, and to London candidates who can work in our London office.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with a small but growing team of developers who are passionate about improving design, usability, reliability, scalability, and clarity of code, all with the end goal of satisfying our many users and making the web a better place
- Help improve the scalability and performance of our crawler’s data processing pipeline, and improve your understanding of performant and scalable design
- Run benchmarks for performance- and resource-sensitive features
- Help improve test coverage and testability of code
- Work with product owners to write technical specifications for new features
- Help improve internal tools for monitoring, testing, bug fixing, and administration
- Provide mentoring and architectural guidance for other devs (architectural planning, code reviews)
- Solid professional development experience
- A deep knowledge of Ruby
- An ability to understand and design complex application architecture
- Experience with two or more of the following: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, MySQL, AWS, RSpec
- Solid experience with modern testing practice
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Experience working with data at scale
- Deep experience with PostgreSQL or a no-SQL data store, eg MongoDB or Redis
DeepCrawl is a sophisticated crawling service, used by the world’s largest brands and SEO agencies to find and monitor many problems with their sites -- ultimately making them easier to find and use. We believe that by providing powerful tools to improve web sites, we make the web a better place for everyone. We’ve got big ambitions to continue our fast growth and expansion into new markets, and be the tool of choice for SEO, digital marketing and beyond.
Apply for this position
To apply, send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.