Scala / Spark Engineer
Posted Jan 9
Headquarters: London, UK
Streamhub is a London based SaaS video analytics startup. We provide big data analytic services for media companies helping them target, grow and monetise loyal video audiences. Our clients are spread worldwide in Europe, Asia and Japan.
If you have a thing for online video, massive volumes of audience data and want to tackle complex business problems, then this could be for you. We are based in TechCity and you can find more details about our work here http://streamhub.co.uk
3 months full-time/part-time contract
We are building a robust analytics platform that manages billions of data points accurately to derive contextual insights that helps grow video businesses. The present junior/mid-level role is for someone passionate and experienced with big data application of data bases, algorithms, pattern recognition and statistics, to solve problems that will shape the media and advertising industry. You’ll be a core part of a tight-knit data engineering team with plenty of access to real-life business scenarios, where what you do will have an immediate impact.
- 2-6 years of professional experience in developing big data applications
- Proven proficiency in Java and Scala
- Production experience with Apache Spark
- Good experience with databases - NOSQL and RDBMS
- Test-driven software development experience with know-how of tools: version control / build tools / automated testing
- Experience in Search Engines
- Experience with AWS big data stack
- Experience in Prestodb, ETL tools is a plus
- Interest in machine learning / data science
Qualifications & Requirements
- Must be proficient in reading, writing and speaking English
- Must have at least 2 years of professional experience in big data / analytics software engineering. Sorry but no graduates
- Must have a university degree in Computer Science
- Must be used to working remotely and meeting deadlines
- Starting date: asap
- Term: 2-3 months for a project depending on experience
- Rate: from £150 per day (£2000 - £2500)
- Work days: circa 4 days per week
- Remote working (via Skype / Jira / Slack). Must be in a timezone up to 5 hours either side of UK time.
Apply for this position
Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally please send a link to your githbub projects and/or linkedin profile.